• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My entire project disappeared

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community! I´m having a MAJOR problem here...

Yesterday I have worked with my project in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 the entire day without any problem.
The project was opened, worked on, new media imported... Even closed and re-opened again after I have interrupted the edition with another job.
But today, when I was expecting to just export the job in it´s final format, IT´S GONE! According to the temp folder, windows explorer´s search and everything else I could see, there´s no sign from the work I have done yesterday. I have even find the ".cfa" and ".pek" files from the new additions to the project, but not the ".prproj" file anywhere.

Anybody can help me? Have you ever seen such bug?

Thank  you all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before closing the project you made a backup of some sort? (Save a copy..)

Look through the auto-saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe folder disappears after closing Premiere Pro, when I open it again, the folder appears again, also all of my projects have been missing. What should I do? I use Premiere Pro 2017 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't rely on auto save solely.

If the project is corrupt without knowing, so are your auto save.

Always make a Save a Copy to a different drive.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," or just "Save".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the actual Project was accidentally saved to removable media, say an SD card for instance?

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find all previously worked & auto-saved projects:

1. Go to finder > Applications? Adobe Premier Pro

2. Once it is loaded and the welcome box appears for you to select a project, under the column that reads "Open Recent", select "Open" at the very bottom (should be a grey folder).

3. From the far right column, select your most recently saved project. You can arrange for most recent projects to show at the top of that list.

This has happened to me before. After 20 minutes of panic, this is where I located ALL previously saved projects, including the one I thought was just deleted.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should activate auto-save for your next project to be sure it create multiple copies. 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving to a local drive or a removable? Is the removable drive still plugged in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines