• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My external hard drive is not showing up to relink media

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my media on a Raid OWC and when I try to open the PP 2019 project file it is not showing the External drive as an option to locate and link the media.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue... have been pased a project (rushes on external drive) am trying to relink but the HD is not showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There should be an option to not use the Media Browser when you are in the "Rellocate" windows. So instead of the Media Browser, the regular Finder/Explorer will be prompt instead, and from this window you should find your external drive.

Best,

Nicolas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification, is the external hard drive visible in Exporer (Windows) or the Finder (macOS) but not while using the Import dialog box nor the Media Browser in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution for this? Because im working on a project now and the drive is showing up in my finder but not local drives in premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue and what worked for me was to drag a video file from the external harddrive into the project. After that, the harddrive showed up again in the relinking window and I was able to relink all the files. Not sure what the logic behind that is, but it worked for me, so I'm sharing here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, helpful addition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines