• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My multicam sequences keep turning blue instead of green and stop showing all camera angles in monitor

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some answers to this. I've edited with multicam sequences in CS6 and CC 2014 without any problems, but now as I do it for the first time in CC 2017 (latest update), I am having huge problems. When I create a multicam sequence and bring the first one into the timeline, it's green (as it should be) and shows both camera angles in the toggle multicam view of the program monitor. However, when I create a second multicam sequence and bring it into the same timeline, it comes in as a set of blue clips that aren't merged into a green multicam sequence, even though it shows the little multicam icon on the sequence in the project window. And sometimes when I bring in the first multicam sequence into a timeline, it looks green as normal, but one of the camera views is missing from the toggle multicam view of the program monitor. And yes, I have V1 and V2 highlighted on both sides of the padlock icon on the track to make sure the tracks are targeted. I've played around with multiple sequences trying to trouble shoot, and it's really inconsistent about when it shows the problem. What is consistent is that the first multicam sequence comes into the timeline green and then all other multicam sequences that come after come in blue and unmerged. This is a huge problem for me and it's already cost me 2.5 hours of troubleshooting on a project that has a very tight deadline!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Oh, man I goofed.  My original post should have read "Make sure the icon to the LEFT of the magnet under the sequence timecode is blue."

Sorry, dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the icon to the right of the magnet under the sequence timecode is blue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is - and has been all along. Still having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, post a screen shot so we can see the issue.

post+screendump.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen 1.PNG

screen 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you deselect the second clip and repost?  It interferes with the clip color, which is informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That second clip isn't multicam.  Multicam is always and only achieved with nested sequences, which are green like the first clip.  Your second segment are just clips, nothing multicam about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's supposed to be multicam though - I did the same "complete multicam source sequence" function on those two clips the exact same way I did the first two that show up green. That's the problem I'm trying to fix - Pr Pro still put them together when I did that function, but it didn't merge them like the first one. As you can see, they both show the same multicam icon in the project window.

screen 4.PNG

If I clear the timeline and start a new one and pull the second multicam sequence in first, it shows up as a green merged clip and the other one is blue (the reverse of what's shown above). So you see, it's only showing the first one I pull into the timeline as a multicam clip - without changing anything else. This is what I said to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen 5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, man I goofed.  My original post should have read "Make sure the icon to the LEFT of the magnet under the sequence timecode is blue."

Sorry, dude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have known - that's it!! I wouldn't have thought to click that icon, since I don't recall having to do that in previous versions - figured it was just automatic that you could bring in multicam sequences to the timeline. And since it always brought the first one in fine, I didn't understand why it was a problem for subsequent sequences. Such an easy fix - so mad I didn't just figure it out. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editng for around 12 years, and I don't often say this... but you just saved my f-ing life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. I kept having this issue SO MANY TIMES. One day the multicam would come in as a solid green that I could live edit. The next time it would come in as 3-4 blue layers, and instead of wasting time trying to solve it, I'd cut between the layers. I just didn't know how to Google "Green bars not coming in to timeline" lol.

But THANKS SO MUCH for solving this, after so many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines