• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my PC always converts 9:16 videos to 16:9

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my PC always converts 9:16 videos to 16:9 when I import from my android or iPhone - how do I prevent this? I attatched a file my phone says is 1080wide x 1920high in 1080p but after a copy & paste or drag & drop my pc changes the properties of the file to be 1920wide x 1080high in 1080p and doesn't appear properly in Premier Pro for editing.

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Here are the iPhone screenshot & after a copy & paste in to PC, PC properies screenshot. I just took 2 different  files my phones (both Pixel 4 & iPhone 12) said was 1080wide x 1920high but copied into PC Win 10 & PC properties now said it was 1920wide by 1080high. I then dragged them into Premier Pro & now Premier Pto says they are correct 1080wide x 1920high after changing the sequence settings to 1080wide x 1920high. So I have a solution. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, this does not explain my problem of importing a file in it's original vertical format in to my PC. Also I'm 3 weeks into learning all this stuff & do not know how to post all the things you ask & and it would take a few days to learn. I just took 2 different  files my phones (both Pixel 4 & iPhone 12) said was 1080wide x 1920high but copied into PC Win 10 & PC properties now said it was 1920wide by 1080high. I then dragged them into Premier Pro & now Premier Pto says they are correct 1080wide x 1920high after changing the sequence settings to 1080wide x 1920high. So I have a solution. Premier pro takes my original 9:16 phone file from my PC copy of 16:9 & reverts it to original 9:16 I atteched below a screenshot of the original in iphone & the PC properties after I copied into my PC. Thanks so much for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You phone footage might be filmed in protrait but the file is most likely set to landscape.

Post screenshot of clip in MediaInfo in treeview on forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the iPhone screenshot & after a copy & paste in to PC, PC properies screenshot. I just took 2 different  files my phones (both Pixel 4 & iPhone 12) said was 1080wide x 1920high but copied into PC Win 10 & PC properties now said it was 1920wide by 1080high. I then dragged them into Premier Pro & now Premier Pto says they are correct 1080wide x 1920high after changing the sequence settings to 1080wide x 1920high. So I have a solution. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines