• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PC completely shuts down and restarts when I export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I export a long, hard edited project (4k with a bunch of effects and layers), premiere decides to become unresponsive halfway through the export process. It completely becomes unresponsive and shuts down and restarts my computer. I have done troubleshooting such as restarting computer, updating graphics cards and drives, updating everything, but the problem still persists. I got a very powerful PC in order to minimize my time usage on premiere pro, but problems like this keep happening.

My specs:

GPU: MSI 3090

CPU: AMD 5900x

RAM: 64GB

SSD(s): samsung 970 2tb

PSU: be quiet! Straight power 11 1000w platinum psu

Motherboard: msi x570 tomahawk

cooling systems consist of a a 3 fan aio and other fans

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's sort this out bit by bit. Troubleshooing 101.

What's the media? What created it, framesize/rate, and format codec? How many video tracks in use across the seqeunce?

What effects are you using? How many are on video clips, and are any on adjustment layers? Is there a lot of transforms or other size changes, or time-ramping?

I do know that frequently there are best practices for working with heavy effects projects. Such effects as say Warp stabilizer and Lumetri on a clip, and time-ramped, can cause issues. So in that case, maybe applying Warp, nesting the clip, and then Lumetri/ramp may sort it out. Although if there's much Warp involved, I tend to get the Warp where I want it, and do a full render & replace before going on with other effects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence is 4k-24fps, there are about 100 video clips in total throughout the project. I used two cameras one recorded in 4k-60 fps and the other in 1080-60 fps. They are both interpreted into 24fps. They are h.264 mp4. I did use many effects such as warp stabilizer, lumetri, time ramps. I used some overlays too such as lens VFX but those shouldn't have many effects since they are essentially just stock video clips i can slap on over the actual footage. However, for the sake of it, those are in Quicktime Mov and are Apple ProRes 422 LT. 

This occurrence only happens with heavily loaded projects, but I want to use the most out of my pc without worrying about it shutting off. Is this a hardware issue that I should seek a professional computer analyst or is it more of a software issue with heavily loaded projects? Haven't found much on the internet about similar problems like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 4k sequences with time interpolation, Warp stabilizer, Lumetri on much or most of the project. Right there, that's a ton of load. Every frame, there's a massive amount of background work going on, on the fly, just to produce one frame.

So this gets back to editing practices. Warp is the most resource heavy effect there is, period. So one thing to do, is all those Warped clips ... do a full render & replace to ProRes422 or a DNxHR codec. Then apply time changes, nest, apply Lumetri ... I think it would work a lot better.

I'm running a 24-core Threadripper with 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, and all media/project files/OS on fast internal SSD, the OS and all cache files on separate Nvme drives. That project would tax my system hard.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try it for sure! Most of the exporting work gets put on the cpu anyway. Thanks! A threaddripper would be a nice addition lol. But Yes these projects are super heavy load, so I will take your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some projects render and export without a problem, but many heavy load projects will shut my pc off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A well built PC should not shutdown while rendering. They might thermal throttle if the CPU or GPU is to hot. I would update the BIOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diego,

Seems like you have decent cooling but see if you can monitor the heat inside your case. You may be overheating. Sure sounds like it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I render and export, my temperatures are consistent at 50-60 C. However, it still shuts off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Keven was on the right track but 60% Celsius is OK. Having said that perhaps you can flash the BIOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines