• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My play button won't play anything

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My play button is changing from the "stop" to "play" button but nothing is moving anywhere. I'm not sure why nothing plays. I've tried everything that I've researched to fix it and nothing works. I even uninstalled and reinstalled, and my 2018 version and 2019 version are doing the same thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that I don't recall the specifics, but look under Edit > Prefs > Audio Hardware and try setting Default Input to NONE.

I had a similar issue some time ago and it was some obscure fix like that

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread and it solved my problem! Thank you for posting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This helped me as well! It ended up being my audio output that was set incorrectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, emilyk!

Is your play button working again? Let us know! If not, we'll keep troubleshooting it.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still is not working, I feel like I've tried every suggestion I've seen so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, let's figure it out. Are you having this issue within one project or is it in every project you open?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every project I open. I even tried creating a new project and the same thing happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. It happened when I updated to the 2019 version of Adobe. It was happening with the old and new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds super frustrating, I'm sorry you haven't been able to watch any of your work back! I found a troubleshooting tutorial that recommended to check your device class under "audio hardware"

Adobe Premiere troubleshooting: playback stops working - how to fix in under a minute - YouTube

There's also this thread that sounds similar to yours. The people in this thread found a solution by resetting their preferences and clearing the plug-in cache: Premiere Pro playback play button not working - just hangs

Keep me posted!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first video solution seemed to work well. Do you recommend keeping the setting like that always are just keeping it at what that video suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I would recommend leaving the device class on MME. It's widely supported by most Microsoft audio systems so it's a pretty safe bet!

So glad your system is playing again.

Is there anything else I can take a look at for you?

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care so they can have a look at your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the G. translator. Excuse me

I had exactly the same problem and for me it was also the solution about the audio equipment setting.

So I had to go to Edit / Preferences / Audio Hardware. There I set the Audio Class to "MME".
Now everything was recognized correctly and "Play" worked again in all areas.

An addition. The sample rate stood as it did not work on 44100 Hz. Now again as usual with me on 48000 Hz.

/

Ich nutze den G. Ãœbersetzer. Entschuldigung

Ich hatte exakt das gleiche Problem und bei mir war es auch die Lösung über die Audiogeräte Einstellung.

Ich musste also in Edit / Voreinstellung / Audio Hardeware gehen. Dort habe ich die Audioklasse auf "MME " gesetzt.

Nun wurde alles korrekt erkannt und "Play" funktionierte wieder in allen Bereichen.

Ein Zusatz. Die Samplerate stand als es nicht funktionierte auf 44100 Hz. Nun wieder wie sonst bei mir üblich auf 48000 Hz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks that work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines