• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Premiere Pro keeps lagging when I import two or more pictures into the Project.

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having some troubles. I'm currently editing a Let's Play, and every time I add in two or more pictures into the project, the program comes to a screeching halt. I can add in sound effects, more footage of the game, memes, etc, but when it comes to PNGs, the program just can't handle it. I can't cut, can't play the footage, nothing, when I add in just two pictures. It doesn't freeze on the first image though, only when I add in two or more. I'm very confused about this. 

I went into the media cache and deleted the cache, lowered the ram of the RAM preserved for other projects via Edit>Preferences>Memory, and I still can't get the PNGs to work. They're just simple screenshots, but I can put in memes and videos into the Project without any problems whatsoever. Does anyone have an answer for this? Because I'm stumped. 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Sorry for the poor experience. Could you please share your system specifications? (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM) as well as the properties of the PNG files you are working with. Also, please try importing the PNG files in a new project and see if the problem is still there. If the issue is only with PNG media, please try saving them in JPEG and see if that works.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines