• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Premiere Project "glitches" when I put screen recorded footage in.

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Creators, this is my first fourm post!

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix this.  When I start a new project and put in several screen recorded footages (Minecraft in particular) The project would glitch in viewport and in export as if the footage was damaged (even though the video wasn't damaged when it was saved). I don't think this is much of a common problem, but I would love an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance, Noble

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

This is likely due to your recordings in VFR (Variable Frame Rate) instead of CFR (Constant Frame Rate) that screen recording apps like OBS default to. For your current footage, you'll need to transcode it to a CFR file in a non-Adobe app like Handbrake. You should change your OBS settings (or whatever screen recording app you use) to create CFR files.

Additional info can be found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/td-p/10874355?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Just for everyone's information, I'm not facing the glitch on the Premiere Beta version (22.5)

So, before trying to use handbrake or any other software, I'd tell you to try using the Beta version (since it has basically solved that glitch that was happening on the "normal" premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely due to your recordings in VFR (Variable Frame Rate) instead of CFR (Constant Frame Rate) that screen recording apps like OBS default to. For your current footage, you'll need to transcode it to a CFR file in a non-Adobe app like Handbrake. You should change your OBS settings (or whatever screen recording app you use) to create CFR files.

Additional info can be found here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @The1Creator_ , @Jeff Bugbee ,

Sorry for this problem. We have improved this workflow in the latest beta builds. Now you should be able to work with screen recordings directly in Premiere Pro without seeing any glitches, rather than first transcoding them to other formats.
You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon. I hope this will help.

If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage(screen-recording). We will check it at our end and take quick action. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I was on the latest version of Premiere (22.3.1) and I think this issue still haven't been solved.

My preview was very very glitchy (even after I used "render in to out" to improve the preview and the performance).

I'm gonna try right now to export the glitchy footage and see if the final result is perfect or still glitchy (but even if the final result is perfect, having a glitchy preview while editing is kinda annoying)

But I'm shure you're working on it to solve it as soon as possible 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bernardom58652111 , 

Sorry for the problem. Can you please try the latest beta build once? 
Let us know how it goes there. 

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @mayjain 

I've just downloaded the latest beta of Premiere pro (22.5), and some parts of the video are as glitchy as on the "normal" Premiere Pro I was before

If it helps you: I'm using a Macbook Pro M1

I've tried it in M1 native Premiere and also opening Rosetta, which showed the same glitch results.

And the file that I'm getting the error is a screen recording from Quicktime (probably, as I've searched online,  the glitch has to do with the VFR and CFR topics).

Down below is a screenshot just to explain the kind of glitch I'm talking about.

(this glitch part was already rendered in to out)

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 14.34.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bernardom58652111 , sorry for this issue. 

Which macOS version you have on your M1 machine? Can you please share this screen recording ?
I would check the file locally and discuss within the team. 

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for everyone's information, I'm not facing the glitch on the Premiere Beta version (22.5)

So, before trying to use handbrake or any other software, I'd tell you to try using the Beta version (since it has basically solved that glitch that was happening on the "normal" premiere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernardo,

Sorry about this. Have you tried 22.4? Isn't that working, as well?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to know if 22.4 corrected this also and plays back VBR better...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines