• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My projects are completely empty after saving multiple times!

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm pretty new to Pr and I'm sure there's something I'm not doing correctly. I've created 10 projects, edited about 50 videos with Pr so I'm not 100% idiotic.

I imported my media, it's over in the project panel in the bins. I have folders, images, audio, and video files in there. I save the project throughout working on it, as well as does the automatic saving.

i ALWAYS save before I leave the project.

Only ONCE has a project actually had the content inside it when I opened Pr back again.

I've gone through all the trouble of editing, saving, naming, organizing all my files and content only to have it be completely gone when I open it up the next day, or a week later. I am so so so so irritated. Hours and hours of work are wasted and gone.

What in the world is going on?? Why isn't it saving my imported files, videos, images, etc?

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it Pr that is doing something wrong?

They aren't hidden, they aren't searchable. There's NOTHING there, they look like a brand new project when I open them up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all make a habit of also making a Save A Copy to another drive.

Lost your sequence?

double click sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're saying I have to have the file on my hard drive, then import it into the project, then save it again in another location, so it's in 2 places on my hard drive (external or otherwise)?? And then just keep importing that same thing every time I want to use it inside the same project?

If re-importing is how I'm supposed to do a project every time I use it then I'm just going to find a program that doesn't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o, you're saying I have to have the file on my hard drive, then import it into the project, then save it again in another location, so it's in 2 places on my hard drive (external or otherwise)?? And then just keep importing that same thing every time I want to use it inside the same project?

If re-importing is how I'm supposed to do a project every time I use it then I'm just going to find a program that doesn't do that.

Thats not what Ann suggested at all. she was talking about a BackUp routine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without being in front of the computer to see the situation for myself, the best explanation I can muster is operator error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but I'm trying to figure out what that operator error COULD be. How is saving the entire project not working? I save it frequently. There must be a different way that I'm supposed to be saving things, but I don't get it. Shouldn't saving the project save all the things INSIDE the project? Or is it just saving the name of the project? Because that's stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is you started with a corrupt project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know of to get an empty project is to either delete everything before saving, or close without saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only question I can ask here is if you are opening the same project that you saved, or if you are opening a blank project every time?

If you can enumerate the exact steps you take, preferably with screenshots, perhaps we can know what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with v. 22. It's happened twice, again just now. I'll create a new project, import my files into the timeline, do my color correcting and grading, then edit and add titles (my videos are very simple), and this time when I went to create an adjustment layer I noticed the project bin was empty except for the adjustment layer I'd just created. I've also saved many times, but even as I save I can see there's not project file in the project folder, no files, only the adjustment layer, which as memory serves me will also disappear the next time I open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines