• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My recorded video is 1920x1080, but Premiere Pro won't let me export anything larger than 352x288

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to video editing.  I recorded some video using a Nikon SLR camera.  According to Premiere the properties of the imported video file are:

-----------------------------
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 119.44 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 29.97
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16-bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:01:26:09
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range)

But when I try to export the video as an MPEG4, which is the required file format, it won't let me export with anything larger than 352 x 288 aspect ratio.  I've tried changing the sequence settings but usually get a pop-up saying that the video doesn't fit the settings.  If I keep the settings anyway then the video exceeds the Preview display size.  The sequence settings I'm running with currently are:

Editing Mode: Custom

Timebase: 29.97 frames/second

Frame Size: 1920 x 1080

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)

Fields: No Fields

Preview File Format: I-Frame Only MPEG

Width: 1920

Height: 1080

What am I doing wrong that makes it so that I can't export an MPEG4 at a higher aspect ratio?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Hi Medievalrob,

I understand the confusion. Easy fix to this: When you export your video, rather than selecting MPEG4 for the format, select H.264 for the format. This will give you a .mp4 format, and you can export to 1920x1080 then.

Format: H.264 .mp4Format: H.264 .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Medievalrob,

I understand the confusion. Easy fix to this: When you export your video, rather than selecting MPEG4 for the format, select H.264 for the format. This will give you a .mp4 format, and you can export to 1920x1080 then.

Format: H.264 .mp4Format: H.264 .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you so much for your very quick and succinct help! That's super helpful and very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked! Happy to help.

Cheers!

-Brandon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep - thank you sir. Been a Flash/Animate developer for decades, but I'm not a video guy. Every so often I get stuck making video. You just saved me from having to stay up all night testing every setting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines