my time line disappears when I click on Effects

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Premiere Pro 2022.2 when I click on Effects my timeline disappears.  I have tried resetting my preferences but it did not help.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022
You are changing to the Effects workspace, which is just a different arrangements of panels than the previous workspace. For whatever reason the Timeline Panel is not open in this one so you just need to open that. You can do that by double clicking on your Sequence in the Project Panel. For what it's worth: you do not need to change your workspace in order to do effects. You just need the Effects and Effect Controls Windows open, and they are already there in your first layout. I personally t...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make a screenrecording of the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are changing to the Effects workspace, which is just a different arrangements of panels than the previous workspace. For whatever reason the Timeline Panel is not open in this one so you just need to open that. You can do that by double clicking on your Sequence in the Project Panel.

For what it's worth: you do not need to change your workspace in order to do effects. You just need the Effects and Effect Controls Windows open, and they are already there in your first layout. I personally think the workspaces bar generates some confusion early on for people and makes you think you need to be constantly changing your workspace in order to do something. Again, these are only different arrangements of the windows and panels in Premiere. You can make your own arrangement of panels and windows and save it as a custom workspace that will take care of 95% of all the needs you'll have. You can open all windows, including the Timeline Panel, from the Window menu at the top. Also note that you can change between all Workspaces from that menu as well in Window > Workspaces.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines