• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEED FRAMERATE EXPERT: Is there a way to auto equalize frame rate?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know how to even word what I'm asking for. I just started using this program. Basically, I have ~40 min of live music VHS footage and an iPhone mic recording. I can get it to match up in the very beginning, til about 13 mins in or so, but the longer the clip goes, the more out of wack it gets and I'm not sure why. Does this have something to do with dropping frames - and if so, is there a way to sort of equalize it? Or do I just have to manually adjust speed duration when I notice it getting way out of time?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably the later. When things are recorded on different devices, if they don't use standard video framerates, the problems begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does it lose speed linearly? if so, a simple rate/stretch audio should fix it. if the video is variable framerate, you may get even more inconsistant results so conforming before importing would help that. you can confirm the interpret footage. usually vhs is 29.97 interlaced lower field. then you need to know if the audio is 48 or 44 khz. additionally, iphone is known for audio drift so hopefully its a linear percentage problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines