• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help Exporting a 9:16 video

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a two minutes video for use on a large 5 foot horizantal advertising display. I edited the footage into a 9:16 sequence and exported a 1080p file that is 1080x1920. The editing was seamless and the exported file plays back fine on the PC. However, the file will not play back on the display and generates a DRM playback error. I exported the same project, however this time as a 16:9, 1920x1080, the horizontal video in the center and black on both sides of the screen, this played on the advertising display fine but the image of course was flipped. I am not exporteing any copyrighted matrial, we shot the footage and nothing else is incorprated in the project. Does anyone have any idea why the 9:16 exported file plays back fine on a PC but generates a DRM Error on the horizantal advertising display?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

is the playback software built in to the display?  If so, I'd check the documentation that hopefully gives you some clues.  If you're using some sort of device to playback the video, I'd check that documentation.  It's possible that the software in either the display or the device will allow a 1080 video to be rotated to fill the screen properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file type that you are exporting as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting H.264, HD1080p. Again in my export window if I leave the aspect ratio at 1920x1080 the file will play flipped in the display. However, if I export a 1080x1920 (which is my sequence setting)  also in H.264 it will not play in the display and creates a DRM error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the playback software built in to the display?  If so, I'd check the documentation that hopefully gives you some clues.  If you're using some sort of device to playback the video, I'd check that documentation.  It's possible that the software in either the display or the device will allow a 1080 video to be rotated to fill the screen properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the advertising Display houses a 16:9  TV that is flipped horizontal, so originaly exported a 1080x1920 in high resolution, then imported it back into premiere pro and flip the video by rotating -90 and then exported a 1920x1080. This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines