• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help with color shift when importing footage

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having problem with some color shift in premier. the colors look a bit off when I drop into premier.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off from ... what?

What's your operating system, the OS?

What's your media?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colors look off from my original footage.Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.37.33 PM.png

yes os

.mov

i had this problem last time and i called adobe and they helped fix the problem. now its happening again not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the nature of this is the problem of the Mac OS mis-applying color management. And in reality it's not "fixable" due to the nature of the problem.

Your view in the QuickTime player I can just about guarantee is not correct following proper Rec.709 standards for video display. Period. Because Apple for some reason chose to do two very odd things: leave out the required display transform function, and apply the odd 1.96 gamma rather than the 2.4 specified for many years.

So when viewed in any application on a Mac that allows the ColorSync utility to control color management, the image is mangled. Such as QuickTime Player, Chrome & Safari browsers, many other apps.

VLC tends to not allow ColorSync to control CM, and may give a more accurate version of the image. As may Firefox browser.

It's a real nasty messy painful mess.

Use the "display color management" option in Pr to set the app to look at the CM of the monitor and give a corrected Rec.709 image. That gives you the best view of your pixels according to the Rec.709 standards for video media.

Outside of Pr on a Mac, it's ... the wild wild west. But then, no one ever sees exactly what any pro colorist ever sees on their grading monitor anyway.

And ... all pro media you watch on that Mac has been graded to Rec.709 ... so if you watch it via QuickTime, Chrome, or Safari, you are watching an improper display anyway. Did you notice it? No? Well yea, because it's what you're used to seeing!

Oddly enough some of the higher end iPads, if you know where to turn off their color controls, can give some of the best CM for Rec.709 outside a pro colorist's suite. Go figure.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for getting back to me. and im not previewing it on quicktime. thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Difficult to tell from your image and post.

What is that preview window?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines