• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Green Screen Music Video Project!

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! 

I am brand new to everything Adobe and am slowly learning as I go along. I am familiar with iMovie and Garageband, which have helped me to pick up some basic things fairly quickly. 

I would love some direction and assistance with a project I am doing this summer. I am recording a few cover songs (the audio is already recorded and finished) where I play all the parts. I want to then film me playing all the parts and then edit it together so it appears like one band that consistst of just me. I guess I'm not even sure what exactly I need help with because I am new to this sort of project. If anybody has done anything similiar or can point me to any helpful videos on creating this sort of project with Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects, etc, that would be fantastic~

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend some beginner courses for AE and Premiere on Pluralsight or a similar platform:

https://www.pluralsight.com/paths/after-effects-cc

https://www.pluralsight.com/paths/premiere-pro-cc

Once you have the basics down, you can look for some specific courses for music videos or tutorials on the specific effects you're trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a green screen with a background video make sure your camera angle matches the background video's camera angle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the background will be a video. I might just keep it simple and have it be an image, then crop my greenscreened self out and place it at a particular spot.....at least that is my thinking so far.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just some quickie tips, a course will have more details…

• If you have room, put the green screen several feet back, so that you can light it separately (nice and even to make green screen removal easier), and so the green screen color doesn’t reflect on to you as much. 
  • When you get the footage into Premiere Pro, the term you are looking for is keying. You want to “key out” the green screen. Premiere Pro has several built-in keying tools in the Effects panel, like Ultra Key. It’s typical to draw a quick garbage matte to roughly mask out most of the room and leave just you and the green screen, then let the keying effect mask out the remaining green screen.
  • You’re gonna want to make sure you can keep all of the versions of you playing in sync, so figure out a way to mark the same song time in all recordings, to make the clips easier to line up in time on the Timeline. There’s probably some standard way to do it but I don’t do those kinds of projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines