Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with mixed framerates

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings fellow editors!

So I've been given a project where most of the files have been shot at 59.94 (60fps).

There's a good portion of clips that do need to be Merged to dialouge audio.

I haven't had to do this ever. .So these are the steps I went by:

- Create a 2K 2048 x 1080 sequence @ 23.976 fps

- Merge Audio with 59.94 fps Video

- Drop the Merged clip into the 23.976 sequence and I make sure to not change the Sequence settings.

I follow the above steps but the audio and video is not synched and the video playsback a lil more quick than 23.976 fps...

So my question/s are:

1) Do I have to lower the speed duration of the Merged clip in the timeline and to what percentage?

or is there a step I missed?

I tried interperating the video to 23.976 fps in it's bin before adding to the sequence but once I add it to the sequence, it plays in slomo.

Thanks for reading gang, any info will be much appreciated!

-Sebastian Angulo

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem combining 24P, 30P, 60 P and 1080i in the same sequence. I just drop them in the timeline as is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree. I have a bunch of recordings I created using my Mac (Command+Shift+5) which records me and my screen at a variable rate between 57 and 60 fps, and I drop it in my 29.97 timeline, and the audio and pacing looks good. I do sometimes see a frame here and there turn green... but usually looks okay after export.

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what change because yesterday the audio was not synced/merged with the video once dropped in the timeline or other video clips were playing in slo-mo...

but today I created a new sequence with the settings: 2048 x 1048 resolution @ 23.976 fps.

I went back to resync/merge the necessary 59.94 video and dropped em back in the new timeline, and now they're synched and playing back in realtime.

Either way, thank you all for the informative replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Glad to hear it is working for you now! Cheers!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry as this is not a direct answer to your question, but is it a requirement for you to Merge the clips? I honestly can't answer it well because it's something I avoid doing. If part of your workflow includes sending an XML, working with colorist or audio engineer outside of Premiere, Merge clips causes a lot of problems with that. So that being the case, just like Andy, I let the interpolation happen in the sequence.  

I know this won't be helpful if you are required to do this as part of your job, but in case it's an optional path you are taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to have this post/thread of mine deleted as this was answered through my own source.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/need-help-with-mixed-framerates/m-p/12352902#M365289

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines