Need Help with Multi Cam editing

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The issue is that I filmed something with 3 cameras but on one of the cameras the audio failed. I'd usually make a muti cam sequence and work from there but because I don't have audio for one of the cameras I can't make a multi cam sequence in the usual way. Is there an another way to make the sequence of does it have to be done by audio sync? 

I hope someone can help. I'm praying there is a solution as it'll save me hours.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ronan! I've had this happen to me before, huge bummer. I synced my "no audio" camera to one of the other camera's audio by finding a moment where someone is using a consonant sound, like an M sound or a B sound, because it's easy to read lips like that. Then you can rely on the audio from a different camera when you cut to the No Audio camera. Hopefully, it's not a bunch of little clips? Let us know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple of ways I do this.

I sometimes create a multicamera source sequence from the video clips that do have audio and let those sync up. Then I open up the Multicamera generated source sequence and add the clip that didn't have audio and line it up by just eyeballing it. After that's done I select the generated multicamera source sequence and create a new sequence from the clip.

Another good way to do it is to add markers to your clips. For example, if it's a music video I would look for a specific drum hit or something and add a marker to each clip where there occurs and then when you choose Synchronise by Clip Markers. But you could find any reasonable action that is defined in all your clips and add markers to those points.

In the end, if you don't get it lined up exactly you can always open up the Multicamera Source Sequence and nudge the offending clip left or right until it lines up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines