• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needing to relink graphics every time I open the project

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a business template for titles and logo transition that I use for 2 projects. But every time I open the project Premiere Pro says it is missing the files (aegraphic and mogrt). So every time I locate the files again and then I can start working. The files are at the same place in my desktop so I don't understand why Premiere Pro keeps on losing them. I'm not used to working with these types of files so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I have the templetes in Essential Graphics and they work fine in the project so maybe there is some other problem?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your post. You say you have them on your desktop and they have to be relinked, but also have them in the EGP and they work fine ... um ... is that what you meant to say?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, I'm not so great explaining it in english.

The problem is that even if I have the files local on my desktop (meaning that I have not moved the files) and also in the library Premiere Pro still asks me to relink the files for the graphics when I open the project. See the start I get every time, I can close and reopen the project without changing anything and still get this error.

I hope you understand better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When looking at the screen dump it looks that you are not linking to the files on the Desktop. You are linking to Google Drive. That may explain it.

Note that Last Path and Path in the Locate dialog don´t match, indicating that you are not linking to the files on the Desktop. 

Averdahl_0-1622057898578.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, Averdahl.

Google Drive to my understanding relinks things every so often ... it 'refreshes' ... and that confuses the link within Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see! I used the files from my drive at the begining but when this issue started I moved it to my desktop instead. But Premiere Pro still wants to match to drive.  I'll try changing that, thank you! so much Averdahl!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to relink to the files now located in my desktop, but the same problem reappearce when I reopen the project 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to relink to the files now located in my desktop, but the same problem reappearce when I reopen the project 😮

By @Emma Göransson

O.k! Does the folder Mall för film/Mall/CREATE Title 01.aegraphic and especially the file CREATE Title 01.aegraphic actually exist on the Desktop? And, when you re-link to Movies_01/namnlösmapp/CREATE 01.aegraphic i assume that you can continue to work with the project and save it? (Save being the important thing here)

I am not a Mac person, but the path indicates that two different User Accounts (UA) are in use here, emmagoransson and emma. Can it be that if you log into the computer to the UA emmagoransson and link the files on the Desktop beloning to the UA emmagoransson everything works as expected but if you after a re-strart log into the User Account emma you are forced to re-link since the UA emma has no acces to the files on the UA belonging to emmagoransson? (and vice versa) Different UA's do seldom (never) have acces to other UA's files unless they have been shared from UA X to UA Y and vice versa. That´s the point with different UA's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the folder Mall för film/Mall/CREATE Title 01.aegraphic and the file CREATE Title 01.aegraphic actually exist on the desktop. And yes I always save before closing the project, have even tried to open, relinked, saved and closed the project without any other steps, but still when I open the project after the relinking problem is still there.

Hmm, I only have on UA so don't have much options there. I wonder why they are different...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Min Norsk ... sigh ... not so good anymore, though I'm at least understandable ... mostly sort of. My Norsk vocabulary sucks big time anymore. You may be Swedish, and if you think your English is bad, you should hear me slaughter Swedish!

Are you using the "Manage additional folders" option in the EGP to tell it where the files are? It's from the little 3-bar menu by the tab title for the EGP. This means that any mogrts/graphics you have there will show in the EGP browse window if the folder is selected in the viewing options.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha I have the highest of respect for anyone that tries to learn Swedish 😉

I checked under "manage additional folders" under EGP, and now have 3 folders where the same graphic files are placed (on my desktop). What a mess this has become, I'm starting to accept the fact that I have to locate the graphic everytime :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines