• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nest sequence in premiere cc2019 does not include audio.

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in cc 13 when i select multiple track to nest, it becomes green only video tracks ,  the audio ones doesn ‘t nest. Is this a bug? Anyone have a clue? Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Kevin-Monahan I guess this bug is still not fixed

when you select only 1 audio track with the video, it nests normally,

but the issue occurs when multiple audio tacks are selected, they actually go to the nested sequence,

but remain as separate audio tracks on the original timeline from where they were nested and don't

get merged into one track like the video tracks nested.

I'm testing on a Windows 7 service pack 1 machine

Mutandina Please address here or vote to already posted bugs :

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mutandina,

Are you sure the audio is gone? I can't replicate that behavior. You might have audio but could be missing audio waveforms. Could that be the issue?

If not, please provide screenshots and sample files, if you can. That would help a lot.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan I guess this bug is still not fixed

when you select only 1 audio track with the video, it nests normally,

but the issue occurs when multiple audio tacks are selected, they actually go to the nested sequence,

but remain as separate audio tracks on the original timeline from where they were nested and don't

get merged into one track like the video tracks nested.

I'm testing on a Windows 7 service pack 1 machine

Mutandina Please address here or vote to already posted bugs :

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

I see. I looked into it and that the bug was closed back in version 8 and was marked "as designed." So, in its current state, it won't be fixed. We need to get more upvotes to open a new feature to review, one that allows for multiple tracks of audio in a nest—without a workaround. I have upvoted this feature and will continue to advocate for it. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks for your comments!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, no problem !

tx for the follow up! that's great...

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, you can go for a workaround and create a subsequence, then drop it on your timeline in place of all

the tracks you wanted to nest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that doesn't work anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before, the workaround was to upload the nested sequence to the source monitor and then insert it in the timeline. This way, it was possible to make multiple audio tracks appear as only one nested audio track. Now, even this workaround does not do the job. It seems that Adobe goes backwards rather than forward in this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this working with Adobe Premiere Pro v14.1.0. Every time I dragged the "nested" sequence to my main sequence it would only bring the video with it. The problem was that I didn't have any "source patching" selected for the audio, after selecting both "V1" and "A1" as the source patching, then dragging the nested sequence where I wanted it, the audio came with it!! Now any changes to the video OR audio within the nested sequence is brought into the parent sequence...woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. For anyone else who was lost as to what the heck "source patching" was or how to change it, check out this page. Annoyingly, the source patch buttons don't appear unless you have the associated source highlighted in the project explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines