Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Sequence doesn`t play audio after adding too many cuts

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I have some kind of a strange problem,

I am working on a quite long sequence of selects (6 1/2 hrs). All the selects in there are marked with sequence markers. Now i imported they whole sequence into a new one, so that i have a nested sequence with clip markers on it, so i go on selecting, deleting, editing...

after i reached a certain point (around 5 hrs in the timeline), audio just stopped working. all the cut pieces of this nested sequence are working normally, but after the last cut i did --> no audio while playback in the part of the sequence that is not cut yet. also the audio levels are flat. if i put this nested sequence into another new sequence it works, also the original sequence has no problems... is it possible that premiere has problems with too many cuts in one, heavily marked, nested sequence? am working with premiere cc17.0.1

i hope i managed to describe my problem in a way that is understandable, and someone has an idea how to fix it.

i have several of this sequences in my project, but only the very long one misbehaves.

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is understood.  Though not the cause.

My first guess would be a glitch that in the end, you'll simply need to work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least i managed to explain my problem, at first i thought... how the f**k am i going to verbalize that problem

as i mentioned above, the cause might be that there are to many small pieces of the sequence and premiere just can`t handle all the linking in the background. all the multiple video and audio tracks combined with a lot of markers... if i delete the part in front that i cut already, the misbehaving, uncut part of the nested sequence starts working again... most propably i will have to work around, because i just reached the limits of premiere`s capacities....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause might be that there are to many small pieces of the sequence and premiere just can`t handle all the linking in the background.

I am very skeptical of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i said it might be... give it a better guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitchy sequence, like I said earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this problem, as this is exactly what has happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio has just stopped working on the timeline forward of where I'm cutting. If I undo edit or delete the previous edit, the audio comes back. When I add another edit the audio stops working again. This is nuts!

The work around is that I have to create two timelines. A first half and a second half. When I delete the first half that I've already edited, the audio comes back. Seriously Adobe need to look at this. Just another bug to add to the many I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it seems related to editing a nested sequence in a final sequence.  Sometimes whole track is muted or individual clips. The audio problem seems random which clip and/or track is affected.  But once it occurs, if seems to be consistently muted. Audio wave form even displays when render audio is run.  But when playing, there is no audio meter and no sound (for those specific areas).  It isn’t tied to Solo, mute or keyframes.  I tried many things without a solution and came to the conclusion that it is a bug that Adobe needs to fix.  I only found a workaround that it helps to simplify the number of edits by splitting the final sequence edit (the one with the nested sequences in it).  You can do this by splitting (duplicate and delete) the sequence into multiples. You can then recombine in another sequence (with differing levels of success).  You can also render each one separately and then combine in Premiere or Media encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with no way to solve it. 

1. Created multicam sequence. 

2. only using track 1 for audio 

3. multicam is nested in the main sequence.

4. audio from multicam works on the last 3-4 cuts but not on the beginning. 

I have tried deleting the cached files, temporary saves, etc.... nothing seems to work. but I don't feel like recutting the whole video just for background noise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went through this.  Here is what you do.

I only need my main audio track to sink with 11 different video clips.

First, unlink all of the audio from their video tracts.

Second, delete all the useless audio.

Third select all video and single and useful audio tract.

Nest and then enable camera.

Problem solved.  Need the other audio.  Add it on seperate audio tracts after you do your main audio edit.

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking everywhere for a solution and I could not find anything on any forums, but somehow I figured out a fix. I'm only replying so that I can maybe help someone who goes through this issue in the future. I explored in Edit --> Preferences --> Audio and checked the box that says "Render audio when rendering video." Then I pressed Enter to buffer the hour long timeline and it didn't work....BUT when I went and exported my current timeline as an MP3, brought it back into the project for some reason all of my previous cuts in my current nest worked again. So I just kept the new MP3 in my project on a muted layer and kept working as usual.

This may be an idiotic approach to the issue, but it's working for me after spending hours losing my mind trying to find a fix. Hopefully this helps someone else out there. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround that Solved the problem for me, was to select the audio clip seperatley (Make sure Linked selection is OFF) then right-click and select Multi-Camera > Enable. In my case to full-proof any other instances, I applied this to all my cuts at once under the channel that was *buggy.

Current Build - Version 23.1.0 (Build 86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks a lot for that workaround! First I thought this is the most stupid problem and adobe is just failing again at the most basic NLE features, but I was so happy to see, that I'm not the only person who got to this point. Now it feels even more dumb, that Adobe can't get this fixed 6 years later..
For me it was enough, to just switch Multi-Camera on the first clip without audio and now I'm back at work. Thanks for that tip! I really didn't want to have to split up the timeline or pre-export something.
Having a maximum of audio clips in one timeline is something, I could only imagine in free software, but yes, here we are..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! And so easy too...

I just selcted the audio, right click 'unlink' and then right click > Multi-Camera>Enable and it fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy canola oil, this worked perfectly! Definitely the easiest solution in this thread and worked for me. Hope Premiere can fix this bug soon, it's been around for almost a decade (judging by the comments).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!!

It works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's look like depend on number of cuts that you have. Because I nested previous cuts again and remain (next part) play voice again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a glitch i figured out how to fix it. All you have to do is take that nested clip that you made and make sure the audio is inside of it. So make sure all the effects and audio clips are within the nested sequence. Then go to your main sequence, go into your folder and drag out that nested clip into your main sequence and put it asbove the other one. Click the old nested clip with the audio issues and delete it because you just placed the other one above it. You can delete any audio thats there as well as long as you have all the audio within that nested clip you dragged out. Boom this should fix it. all the sound effects should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines