• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested sequence time remapping bug

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted this bug several times now.  2 things: how do we know if adobe has acknowledged a bug? do they respond to let you know?

2nd thing, the bug itself:

take a nested sequence, insert it onto timeline.  Add another layer in the nested sequence, apply time remmapping.  Sequence will go black before it reaches the end of the sequence. This vid below demonstrates that it is not the normal behavior of a time remmapped clip.  Most of the time when I encounter this bug it is when the original footage is not the same res as the final sequnce.

[hyper link removed by author request]

[Typo removed from title. — Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's STILL not fixed in Pr CC 2019, 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this error several times and recently found a simple fix. If I have a nested sequence and then want to time re-map with a gradual increase in speed (for example), I do the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I sent before completing my response)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nest the sequence and then increase the speed duration of the nest (to say 200%) . I then create the time remapping and slow down the first part of the clip. Effectively creating the same result. I don't know why this works, but simply ramping the speed up from 100% speed duration doesn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in CC 2019, 13.1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And not fixed in 2020! This is becoming a real issue for me we mostly shoot everything at 1000fps and Nest for VFX reasons.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely works for me!

After having encountered this problem in the current version (22.1.2), obviously many years after it was first reported, I decided to experiment a bit, but to no avail. What I could figure out is that – in my usecase – the edit points in the nest were responsible.

So, say, if I have a nest of 2000 frames length, were the last cut inside the nest would occur at frame 1000, then a time remap would work smoothly if I wouldn't speed up over 200% (i.e. if the remapped nest within the parent wouldn't fall under an overall length of 1000 frames). It seems that the new lenght of the remapped nest inside the parent sequence is faultily projected onto the nest. So each action within the nest that lies after this projected end will be handed upwards as black screen.

This is so easy to figure out, it's ridiculous. Adobe should be ashamed about not having fixed this for ages, as it seems a simple enough task based on some basic variable mishandling. Changing two lines of code, anyone?

Regardless: THANKS FOR YOUR WORKAROUND.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I seem to have misplaced my reply. It should go underneath DanCoe79's suggestion of aplying Speed/Duration first, before working in the opposite direction via Time Remap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen goes dark on the principal grouping, but while clicking into the settled clasp you can see still a lot of film that isn't is being shown. and visit to the moving van service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround. For me it occured when the layer on top of my video footage inside the nested sequence ended. I simply created a still frame on the last frame of the top layer and stretched it's length to the same as the one below. I then set a keyframe to lower the opactiy of the top layer to 0 on it's original endpoint, so it would still be sitting there but invisible.

Definitely no bugfix, but a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Was not able to reproduce the workaround. But it definitely has to do something with the end of the top layer. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and still not fixed. fails around 400% on the time remap... 

screen goes black on the main sequence, however when clicking into the nested clip you can see there is still plenty of footage that isn't being shown 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and since ppro2020 there have been bigger time-remapping bugs with interpreted footage. I've learnt to live with this the nested sequence bug, but the interpreted footage one is a show stopper for me. I'm still using ppro2018. I wont upgrade until it's fixed (which in reality means I'm more likely to move to resolve).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. instaproapk download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround. For me, it occurred when the layer on top of my video film inside the settled succession finished. I just made a still casing on the last casing of the top layer and extended its length to equivalent to the one beneath. I at this point set a keyframe to bring down the opacity of the top layer to 0 on its unique endpoint, so it would in any case be staying there however imperceptible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is to for users to help users. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix and you want the Adobe developers to take a look, please post it here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dood, do you have any idea how insulting it is to have this post marked with a correct answer?

Since 2017 I have posted on uservoice, phoned Adobe, posted here, contacted various Adobe employees directly, tweeted at them. 

In fact the only things I haven't tried are semaphore and carrier pigeon.

Not only have I never seen any evidence of Adobe responding to feedback about bugs Ive never seen anyone who has.  You have YouTube film makers with hundreds of thousands of followers who try, give up, switch to resolve.  The only reason I'm still here is because I'm a multimedia masochist. 

Adobe removed it's bug reporting feature entirely, leaving only uservoice.  If you look me up on it you'll see I have outlined this and the other showstopper bug in great detail.  Conplete with demo videos.

To everyone here that has experienced Adobe's lack of responsiveness I say, vent away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because they don't respond to you personally or in public doesn't mean they aren't taking the reports seriously.

UserVoice is our channel to report problems with the software that we think are bugs. This forum is to help each other find workarounds until/if those bugs are fixed.

And I agree; if the arrangement I outlined isn't satisfactory to you or anyone else, then vent. But maybe try UserVoice instead of the forum? Your vent here will find a very limited Adobe audience here that could possibly do anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

If you feel like venting is in some way a waste of your time, by all means, please ignore the venting posts.

If, however, you could use your time and any contacts you may have as an adobe community professional to elevate this bug then that would actually be useful. 

People vent here because they have gone above and beyond what is reasonable to draw attention to a bug that stops them using the software.  We have quite good consumer protection laws in Australia, and that is about the only avenue I haven't explored in trying to resolve this and a couple of other issues.  To give a rabidly frustrated user a telling-off for following up on a bug post *from 2017*, that has gone not only unfixed but unacknowledged for 3.5 years frankly feels like bullying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunate that you felt like I was giving you a "telling off". I was trying to tell you that you, nor anyone else, should not pin their hopes on a vent here doing any good at all except to make you feel better. In fact, as I re-read my post, I even affirmed the venting option. A post that vents doesn't waste my time; it wastes yours. My comments were intended to help you not do that. 

It may surprise you to learn that I have to use the exact same channels that you do to flag bugs and voice concerns. There is no ACP hotline to Adobe's engineers or QA staff, at least none that I'm aware of. And I've been here a long time. 😀

I'm genuinely sorry that Pr is not working acceptably for you. I know how frustrating it is when something you've paid good money for doesn't work like you expect it to.  I'm disappointed that I can't help you with this issue and I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wasted 5 minutes of my precious time to log into this site for the first time and tell future readers that this bug isn't fixed as of May 2021. And that the content of Jeff's answer is totally worthless since it expects us to look the other way with this BUG and come up with a workaround for a 4-year-old BUG. Have I said the word BUG yet? BUG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this bug too. Really frustrating! What is the best working workaround? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok DanCoes method works:

"I nest the sequence and then increase the speed duration of the nest (to say 200%) . I then create the time remapping and slow down the first part of the clip. Effectively creating the same result. I don't know why this works, but simply ramping the speed up from 100% speed duration doesn't?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing rendering settings to software-only worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikael237...... HAS THE FIRST HELPFUL ANSWER!  So glad I read this thread all the way to the end. 

File > Project Settings > Video Rendering and Playback > Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

The problem is the default "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal ) - (Recommended)" renderer with multiple layers of time remapping breaks for some reason.... A BUG PERHAPS!

I remapped 2 different clips so the timing matched in a picture in picture, then nested and attempted to apply new time remapping keyframes to my nested sequence. I got the black screen error. Software only seems to be working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines