Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nesting morph cuts within a production

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro 2022, version 22.2.0

I'm into a production with many different source clips and projects that I'm brining together for one combined final project.  I am cutting together many clips from interviews, and use morph cut CONSTANTLY, to make the cuts look smooth.  Then I nest the combined clip, so that I can bring it into the final edit and apply various effects to the clip.   Every time I try to nest these clips that contain lots of morph cuts, Premiere stops working and I have to force-close and restart it. 
I have tried nesting every single clip and only trying to nest two clips (with a morph cut transition) together at a time.  I have tried every combination of this I can think of, and Premiere keeps freezing up.   But somehow, magically, I have managed to nest about 6 clips so far that do containt all these morph cuts.  I can't figure out what makes it finally work, other than trying repeatedly about 20 times for each snippit of content.    

What's the right work around?  Should I give up on nesting and just bring all these unnested clips into the final edit, and add adjustment layers on top of each of them just to apply basic zoom/opacity effects, each time I'm bringing these clips in and out of use?   I had thought nesting each edited interview was the perfect way to have good work flow in the larger production, but I've spent 2 full days on this and don't know what I should do.

I've never posted to a forum before, but I would REALLY appreciate any guidence on how to force Premiere to nest my clips that contain morph cuts, or the best way to bring these types of clips into the final combined project and apply smooth motion effects to these groups of un-nested clips.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've got some complicated work there ... maybe @Bruce Bullis might be more useful for sorting this out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines