Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Network error in Create Transcript

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please solve this problem in Premier Network error Please
ensure you areconnected to the internet, then try again.(-1597177841)
Note that the computer is connected to the InternetUntitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 

Someone know how to fix it? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple error messages when getting a greyed out transcribe button. This thread is the only one I see with the specific "Network error. Please ensure you are connected..." message. Others are "Received Bad network Response," Unable to connect to cloud service," and the VPN issue (“User not approved for cloud transcription usage. Please check again.”).

Is the error message here the same as the one in this thread?

Start here to find troubleshooting options:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-premiere-pro-troubleshooting-speech-to-t...

This thread has discussion of multiple issues and several troubleshooting steps. I remember thinking that Kevin linked them all in his FAQ links, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcribe-button-is-greyed-out-in-main-vers...

@Kevin-Monahan @Alexander Riss 

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone reported that they solved the problem by turning off their vpn.  If you're using one, try turning it off.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the post about VPN? 

But, I don't have VPN and still have the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcribe-not-working-over-vpn-connection/m....

are you in an office or just working from home?  Cause an office could have some sort of setting that may be causing the problem that only the IT staff could fix.   If you have an alternate way of connecting to the internet (by using a smartphone as a wifi hotspot or connecting via ethernet instead of wifi) give that a shot and let us know if it helps.  I'm by no means an expert at this stuff but hopefully someone else here will have some ideas.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just remembered I had this issue briefly soon after the feature was included and an premiere update fixed it...  so what version or you using?  Remeber Adobe allows multiple versions of premiere (and other cc apps) to coexist peacefully on your system so even if it's not working in the version you're working on, you might be able to make it work in another version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at HOME with WiFi Connection. 

Not in Office. What I need to do in network that the button will be ON and the problem will solve?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere are you using?   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and was this feature ever working for you?  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Premiere Pro 2022 v.22.0

and this feature never worked for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try installing premiere pro 2021 (which you can do without uninstalling 2020) and see if it works in that version.  If you need help with this post back and I'll walk you thru it...  And are you on the mac or a pc?  I don't know that much about windows but a basic troubleshooting step on the mac is to create a new user with adminsitrator privileges in system preferences: users and groups, and log in to the new account and see if it works there...

Let us know if either of these things solves the problem.  If not, I'm sure someone can up with a few other suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. This feature was the only reason I am considering changing to Premiere and took the trial, but I guess you are unable to fix it so I leave this junk for good.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this feature works great for many of us who participate here.  Did you read all of the posts in this thread?  You might try the suggestions and answer the questions asked...  and maybe we can figure out the source of your problem...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for the issue. It's rather common, though, I think. Try checking your sign in at Adobe.com. Sometimes signing out, then signing back in can be all it takes. Otherwise, check out this FAQ: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-premiere-pro-troubleshooting-speech-to-t...

If you can't find a solution with these steps, let us know, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done everything you guys said. But problem still persists, I'm using macbook pro m1. 

image.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

unfortunately I have the same problem. I have also already tested everything that is described in various links.
- 3 different networks tested + hotspot
- VPN off and on
- Firewall active and deactivated
- Firewall settings adjusted
- Tried different Premiere versions
- Cloud is active
- Licenses are ok
So what am I missing?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.  Create a new user account in apple:  system preferences and log in to the new account.  do not load  or launch any other software including anything network related and see if that solves the problem.  It's possible something got loaded when in you installed the vpn or some other app that's creating the new issues even after turning it off...   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait, was referencing an earlier post which said he was using a m-1 macbook.   but the same thing should work in windows.  and make the new account an administrator...  

You also might try uninstalling the vpn...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this migth be diffcult for me. With the companies device I'm not able to create new accouts or reinstall the VPN. I'll try to find someone else in the company with premiere pro and ask him/her to test the function. If the same issure appears then it might be a problem on our companies side and I will reach out for an admin. 
Thanks for the moment. I will come back in a few days.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah, just talk to your IT department.  Willing to bet they've got something blocked that's causing the problem...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines