• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 22.3.1 Update: Workspace keeps changing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panels within my Workspaces keep changing even after I save them. This happens now with the new update. Also, after Marking In/Outs, drag & drop doesn't work. Why is it that with every update there's always another series of problems? And don't tell me to use the old versions, I should be able to use a new update with NO ISSUES. That's what I'm paying for and why everyone decided to go Subscription based on their pricing, so you would always have an updated program to work with. "Work" is the keyword here.

Please, before creating new functions and features give us a solid program. I'm about to sever our decade-long relationship.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating did you reboot, installed update, rebooted and then opened a project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started my computer then performed the update. I rebooted after experiencing issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you want in impossible goal. No one could satisfy your demand ... and no, that does include Resolve as there are issues like this with each Resolve update. And in Resolve, it's a freaking pain to revert.

The Adobe apps make it easy to switch versions precisely for this reason ... that is is easy for user to go back.

Why? Because this (like Resolve) is trying to be the all-everything app for all media/hardware/effects/OS/workflow possibilities. That is probably absurd as a goal.

So if that is your minimum, the only way to get that would be to go with something like Baselight's Filmlight color app. It's a "turnkey" model. You buy the computer from them, your options right now are the $12,000, $15,000, and $18,000 rigs. Then you pay around $1500 a year for software updates.

But it's very totally stable ...

Second, if you're changing the 'included' workspaces, you can't save those. You have to name them as something else and save that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no solution to a basic problem, then please don't reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This to me seems rather direct to potential issues ... first, the realistic expectations from any app ... and I'm app-agnostic, working in both Pr and Resolve.

And second, a potential answer to your workspace issue. You don't include any information as to whether those were saved as renamed workspaces, so I didn't assume so. Many users change the built-in ones and expect that when they reopen, those changes will 'stick'.

They won't, until you rename as a new workspace. I had no data to make assumptions, so as noted ... I didn't.

And I'm a total practical guy where these (at times) frustratingly complex and complicated apps are concerned. What works ... is what you do. What "we" dream they should do ... sadly is pretty irrelevant to getting work done with Life with Computers being what it is.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines