• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captions Panel displays Glyphs/Wingdings during edit

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PP 15, when double-clicking a caption to edit the text, the UI changes the text (in English) into Wingdings or Glyphs (not sure which). When I change focus away from the UI, the font reverts back to English. See attached screenshot.

Is this a bug in the Beta, or a font issue on my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Windows 10 / Premire Pro 15.0 fresh upgrade ]

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you using? I have seen a difference between the Program Monitor and the Text Panel related to Arabic characters.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Arial. The .SRT file is generated by YouTube with time encoding. The odd thing is that the caption displays fine in the Captions panel. It's only when I select caption text does it change to Glyphs in the edit box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is different: the difference I can produce is from the Text Panel (where it shows correctly) and the Program Monitor (where it may show limitations of the font selected there).

I would file a bug report. I'll post the link below. But let's explore your srt. Sometimes issues have occurred because the srt is the wrong encoding. I look at it in Notepad++ under the Encoding tab. PR prefers UTF-8 with BOM.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem seems to have nothing to do with the .SRT file actually. If I do not import a file, and manually create a caption text block, it will display the PP read-able system font. But if I click the box to edit 'New Caption', then it displays those words in Glyphs. Yesterday I tried uninstalling and installing the PP15 upgrade, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Will file the bug.

Note: I forgot to mention that YouTube actually products a .SBV file that has to be converted to .SRT. There could be future issues with that, but I think my current Glyph issue is unrelated to the import file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the bug report.

One other report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/caption-problem/td-p/11944958

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I installed the middle east version of Premiere (which I need), I wonder if it is related to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi charlesb4548883,

We're sorry about the poor experience. This issue has been addressed in our latest Beta build. You may download the latest Beta build from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Refer to this link to know more about public Beta.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines