• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Export issue with over exposed footage

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is a fresh new issue that's come to light since I updated to V22.0. Though it happend even before V22.0 I noticed (whatever version was just before this) I upgraded hoping it'd fix it. This over exposure issue came on completely randomly.

Cameras used in the project:
FX9 - Slog 3.cine | XAVC-I (issues)

A7SIII - Slog3.cine | XAVC S (no issues) 

RED

Few issues that aren't even consistent with each other in exporting.

Exporting from Media Encoder:

The entire timeline with clips taken on the FX9 are over-exposed significantly after exporting. 

Exporting from Premiere:

Random crashes on the FX9 footage that exports overexposed, but it's random when it happens and sometimes doesn't crash at all.

Exports colors without issue, though, nothing over exposed.

Any help to troubleshoot this would be huge... Down to the wire on this project.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere 2022 has a completely rebuilt underlying color system, and that's what's happening here. There are changes to the color managment defaults and user options you need to work with (and probably haven't a clue changed!) and some issues with the media from some Sony and Panny cameras that are acknowledged and awaiting a fix.

First, for all the images, go to your bin and right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage ... any that show a color space of HLG/PQ, use the Override to Rec.709 option at the bottom.

The Override option is also the place where you can set the camera output type, such as some of the Sony, Arri, and Canon cameras for options such as S-log-3 and log-C. Check if that is available (not grayed out) and see if it helps.

The last bit ... some Sony and Panny cameras are having fits with Premiere at the moment. It sees their log-encoded SDR/Rec.709 clips as HLG/PQ HDR, but ... doesn't allow you to Override to Rec.709. Even if you get the image looking ok on the sequence, it blows out in an export. This is acknowledged and they've been working on this since early January, hopefully we'll get a patch sometime soon.

I'm including the links to two forum FAQs on this. The first is the changes in Pr2022, how to work within the new system, and what's broken at the moment. The second is how to monitor in HDR in 2022, as that has also changed dramatically.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines