• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New M1 (silicon) update 15.4 causes issues with Clip Speed / Duration edits

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had issues with modifying Speed / Duration on my 2020 Macbook Pro (M1 chip) using the Intel version of Premiere Pro. Once updating to the 15.4 (Silicon) all of my playback and export became shaky, jittery, rubber banding, and choppy (as if frames are being dropped) on any clips that use Speed / Duration edits. After exporting, the same clips have the same issue in the final exported file. I switched back to the Intel version and everything seems fine now. 

Note: With 15.4, I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, replacing clips, starting new projects, sequences, render/replace, you name it, I tried it. The only fix was reverting back to the Intel version. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about this. We can get this checked. Are you experiencing this issue with any specific media type or is it with all of them? Have you tried creating a new project & importing the original project to check if it's working properly in that?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, 

Thank you for your response. I have tried creating a new project and importing the original project (15.4). The problem persisted the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. Please also let us know the source of the media files. Were these captured on any of the Sony cameras like A7S III or FX3?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, captured on Sony A7iii MPEG-4 1920x1080 Linear PCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Would you mind sharing a link to the exported file showing the choppy effect? Also, have you used Optical Flow as the Time Interpolation method for slowing down the footage?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with SOny FX6 footage. Really annoying, constantly have to re-start Premiere and it seems to be getting more frequent now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, M1 Max, 16inch 2021. Only happens when I use frame blending / optical flow. Very annoying 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem same solution. Any footage type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem with footage from a Canon XA40. It happens only when using Time intepolation as Flame blending or Optical flow. Macbook Air 2021 M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines