• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Premiere Pro 22.3.1 does not work!!!!

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Premiere Pro 22.3.1 is impossible to edit with. The program's response lags so far behind your keystroke that is impossible to cut to music. Who in their right mind would release an editing tool that responds so poorly.

Thank you very little Adobe, I will now be moving back to 15.1!!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your hardware, OS, media, and effects? That's all useful to pin down where this app is failing at the moment.

Why? Because performance users are getting is so freaking variable. For example, my Ryzen 24-core 3960x, 128GB of RAM and 2080Ti desktop is screaming along in this, best playback on say Red, BRAW, A7s3, and Panny media I've ever had.

As is my three-year-old Acer laptop. Best performance it's ever had in Premiere period. And it was spendy for then, but ... it's three years old.

But I've seen other users with not-that-different gear getting total slugs out of Premiere.

Some M1 Macs are screaming in Pr. And some are total snail-bait.

Yea, it's crazy. So ... again ... what's your OS, gear, media, and effects in use? Trying to get data for figuring out who's hammered & who ain't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

My Pr is also running slow. Running: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Simple color grade involved in the project. Took 5X normal speed to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously Windows ... CPU and RAM? What sort of discs are your media on? Is everything on one drive, or do you have say programs on C, cache on a cache drive, projects/media on a media drive, all internal SSDs ... or what?

Those things all affect this.

As can odd things like sound cards that install a ton of "gaming helper" files. Things like that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 22.4 and it's BACK TO BUTTER.  They just messed up with 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is running poorly too.  Choppy playback with proxies that use to be BUTTER even since 22.3.1.  M1Pro MBP 16" 16RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@angryashell, use version that work with your machine. Although your machine has high god specs, best ever on the world, this software sometimes crash, sometimes good, sometimes error, sometimes worth. And no adobe's leader of software development will listen to you here. 🙂

And if they listen toyou, they will not do what you want. Becouse they are not decision maker. 🙂

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 hour renders for something that used to take me 18 minutes!  AVI, H.264, MOV... you name it.

I can't roll back versions because I work with a team of editors (all with slightly different machines but same versions of programs so we can share project files)

I have a brand new machine:  Only 3rd party software on machine right now is Adobe.
Windows 11 pro 64bit

12th Gen Intel i7-12700H

64GB RAM

RTX 3080 ti

Solid State Drives

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, now I can't render anything.  cuda enabled, open GL, software only... nothing.  no format.  Again, all I have is adobe on a fresh machine.  

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629690

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines