• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Premiere Pro and Metal engine?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm still using Premiere Pro 2020 on High Sierra just because it still has OpenCL support. I tried to work on Metal - it's impossible: friezes and performance losses are very noticeable. It is known that OpenCL support was removed from the PP 2021 version.
The question is: does it make sense to update Mac OS and install the latest Premiere Pro (2021-2022), is Metal support improved there or is it better to stay on stable 2020 with OpenCL?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Currently running Catalina 10.15.6 and Premiere 21 (15.4.1) on a MacBook Pro and Big Sur and PP21 on MacPro (both Intel machines). Have not personally had any regular freezes or significant performance losses.

About to bite the bullet and go to Monterey and Premiere Pro 22. Latest version of Monterey has been 'blessed' by people I trust (it's been a rocky road for a while since Big Sur) and latest Beta Premiere Pro 22.3 looks like it will be approved for widespread use at a network I work at a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently running Catalina 10.15.6 and Premiere 21 (15.4.1) on a MacBook Pro and Big Sur and PP21 on MacPro (both Intel machines). Have not personally had any regular freezes or significant performance losses.

About to bite the bullet and go to Monterey and Premiere Pro 22. Latest version of Monterey has been 'blessed' by people I trust (it's been a rocky road for a while since Big Sur) and latest Beta Premiere Pro 22.3 looks like it will be approved for widespread use at a network I work at as soon as it's released (though this is a Windows environment).

Does it make sense to stay where you are? Yes, but!

I'm always usually well behind on OS and app updates and always wait for at least a .2 version of anything. If there is no good reason to update - don't. The 'but' is while you can happily stay on PP20 - it's no longer available and your next install is going to have to be at least PP21. Now might be a good time to install Monterey (maybe on a separate partition on your Mac) and Premiere Pro 21/22 and see for yourself if it's going to work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for detailed answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to hear the opinions of colleagues on this issue for the current 2023, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines