Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New project dialog Pr 2023

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I normally don't want to spread rage and hate but wtf is this crap? [obnoxious text removed by mod]. If you explain me how to create a folder in 2 sec I am going to give a glory. It's absolutely pointless window. Ugh! 

PetrHolusa_0-1678105059859.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the new dialog either, but that kind of language isn't ok in this forum. You can create new bins on the right side of the panel in the collapsed section called "Bins." I don't use this dialog at all, I always start with a template project that has a whole folder structure, so I completely bypass this new view. I find it very slow to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like it either, don't use it, but you can:

Set name, set location, hit OK than create everything the old fashioned way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann is right, this is not the way many workflows need to create a project, and I'll add, was never intended to change the way many users create a project. Period.

Did you get angered by the old project start dialog? What, realisitically, did most users do there?

• Type a Name.
  • Select a Location.
  • IGNORE all other options.
  • Click Create.

Really, the only difference now for many users needing a complex bin structuring ... is the Create button is a heck of a lot further and you have to mouse to it. That is all.

Those other options are now only in the Project or Production "Scratch" tab, where they belong.

The new start page simply replaced those options with a process that is heavily used by many corporate video groups, from TV newsrooms to the mega-corp video production teams. I was at a SMPTE event in January where I met some teams from some of the largest mega-corps around. Who use this page all the freaking time.

Like David, Ann, and I suspect thee, I don't have many simple projects that will work well with a single bin. So I also ignore this.

Type a Name.

Select the Location.

Click Create.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines