Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Update is trash

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new update has so many bugs! 

The wave form will suddenly flash and then disappear unless I restart. This happens just about everytime. Dynamic link is super buggy and will leave out clips if they are used in a different projects. 

Exports continue to fail and I have to restart. Not to mention the new export situation looks like it was made for 5 year olds. I'm so disapointed in this update! 

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been so frustrating for so many users. Because some of the things like what you're getting seem so freaking random, as only a few get these ... and trying to figure out why someone's system is all buggered up like this isn't as easy as it was a couple versions back.

I can't replicate any of this ... it is the fastest, most stable Premiere build I may have ever used. But sure ain't for your rig ... and that is painful.

How about listing your full specs for hardware/OS and media ... as in Basic Troubleshooting 101, trying to sort out what gets X behavior involves sorting out all the details ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Montery version 12.3.1

Mac pro 2019

Processor- 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

96 gb 2933 MHz DDR4

Graphics- AMD Radeon Pro 580x 8GB

I shoot on Canon c300, Canon C70 and Canon 5D mark iv

I edit on extrenal hard drives- 

anDisk Professional 12TB G-DRIVE PRO - Enterprise-Class Desktop Hard Drive, Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, 7200RPM Ultrastar Drive Inside - SDPH51J-012T-NBAAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canon c300 mark iii - sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... I'm just hoping that keeping the data for those with problems "up" here will help people find connections and potential issues/solutions. Or at the least, nail down more clearly what kit/OS/media combination triggers what somehow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, So I'm stuck with these bugs for awhile is what you're saying.. 

I think I'll just go back to the previous update until they figure it out. These problems have caused me hours and hours of time that I desperately needed. I'm fustrated beyond belief. I would have written in sooner but I haven't had the time to... because I'M DEALING WITH BUGS! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there done that. I've had previous new versions I couldn't use for several months because the media/effects/rig I was working with couldn't work with the newest build. It's one of the things about the CC cloud setup that Adobe has, it's easy to keep previous versions installed so you can always keep working if a new one isn't working right for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah honestly for me too. And it's so random when I get a bug or not. Sometimes the project is fine, then I cut something and the project decides to create a new bug somewhere else that wasnt touched at all. This is by far the most frustated I ever been with an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me too - I'm holding on 22.2 (build 128) for now, 22.4 is just so chockablock with random bugs I've never enountered before... with 22.4, on two different setups (Macbook Pro M1 Max 32Gb and iMac Pro 64Gb) I'm getting so many intermittment errors - interface lags, droppped frames, render performance problems - and absolutely nothing (except PPro version) has changed ... what's super-frustrating is that I can't nail down how to reproduce the bugs... some footage (from same cameras, same codec/framerate etc) seems problematic, some doesn't ... very time consuming to document this ... I work in film production, not software QA... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stay with a build that's solid for you, there is no reason to "upgrade" if it ain't rock solid. One of the things that's 'handy' about their CC system is the ability to move between builds. And of course, have different "main" versions installed simultaneously.

Another potential thing to test is the public beta. For months last fall I simply worked in the public beta without any issues whatever. As you can install alongside the shipping, and projects can be opened in beta, closed, then opened in shipping, that's one option that might work for some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fan of adobe, and fan of @R Neil Haugen and @aan ben who are always ready for helping people here.

But i also always get problem like @cristaRock , and most i solved my self.

Hopefully, Adobe will make this best video editor in the world more stable.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines