• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New user – can't rearrange clips!

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Per the video attached below, I'm having difficulty moving Clip 3 in between Clip 1 and Clip 2 (without splicing Clip 1 or Clip 2 in half). As you can see, I have snapping turned on.

I'm working on a Macbook and have been using both the Cmd-Drag and Cmd-Opt-Drag shortcuts to rearrange my clips in the timeline, but neither have been successful in placing one clip directly between two others.

Nobody else online seems to be having this issue, so is this a bug? I just installed a new Mac update but Premiere is still acting the same way.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi,

Sorry, but you're hitting a bug. Remove any audio from nested sequences and give it another try. This is a bug that should be fixed in an upcoming release. You can try out a new beta today to see if it is fixed. Sorry, I have not tried it yet.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how it goes on a Mac but with Windows if you hold ctrl and move the clip then it will move the clip on the right to the right and out of the way. I would assume holding down the command key would get the same result. What version of Premiere are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that and got the same result – the clip keeps dropping into the middle of the other clip rather than the end.

I'm running 15.0. Just installed it yesterday using Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, but you're hitting a bug. Remove any audio from nested sequences and give it another try. This is a bug that should be fixed in an upcoming release. You can try out a new beta today to see if it is fixed. Sorry, I have not tried it yet.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin. I just started a new project and was able to rearrange things properly until I tried nesting two clips together – then clips couldn't "click" anymore. Looking forward to the next patch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the EXACT same issue and got extremely frustrated, I could not move clips propertly because I could no see them "moving" while holding the clip. Deleting their audio channels worked! thanks for the temp solution, I hope this gets fixed very soon.

Andrés. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines