• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version of same content

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys...I have a project; it is of the complete performance of a musical event. From beginning to end, it runs 1 hr 47 minutes.  I now want to greate a 2 minute highlight reel where I'm going to chop up the segments into 5-10 second pieces.

As still a noob, what's the best way to approach this where the original project and contents stays the same. Can I just replicate the folder where everything is in and work it as a new project? I don't need a connection between versions, but I do want all the video and audio adjustments that I made retained.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Hi Music_Photographer,

You may try duplicating the master sequence & then renaming the copy as highlight reel. This will result in 2 copies of the timeline that can be edited separately in the same project. For seamless editing between the two timelines, you may even stack  them in Premiere Pro. This might help in editing clips from one sequence to another. Refer to this link to know more about it. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Music_Photographer,

You may try duplicating the master sequence & then renaming the copy as highlight reel. This will result in 2 copies of the timeline that can be edited separately in the same project. For seamless editing between the two timelines, you may even stack  them in Premiere Pro. This might help in editing clips from one sequence to another. Refer to this link to know more about it. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet...thanks. However, I'll be honest...I'm a relative noob, using PP for maybe a month (I'm a 10-yr Lightroom user, so alot of my experience came over). I watched the video from your link, and to be honest, it was above my current "experience grade level".  I may visit this method later as I get more projects under my belt. In the meam time, I'm going to try replicating the whole project, renaming the project name, and see what breaks. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the best starting point for you is to go through the basics: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/basic-workflow.html

There is no need for you to copy the entire project. A project can consist of multiple sequences, so the master sequence that you have created will remain intact. But if it makes you feel safer, by all means, go for it.

You may approach this by simply:

1) creating a new sequence and then select and copy/paste items from the master sequence to create a new edit.

or

2) duplicating the previous sequence, rename it (Highlight reel), open it and then start taking out the parts you don't want.

Another method is to use Pancake editing, but that is next level, I guess.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question...if I have a sequence with 20 clips. They are in-sync with the audio track. If do what you are suggesting, and then I chop various clips, apply transitions, apply Lumitre settings, etc, will my changes only apply to my sequence or will any changes in any form affect my previous project. In Lightroom, each image carries its own sidecar that stayed with that image...where are the PP sequence settings stored...in the project file?

Sorry to be a scootch, but knowing this will free me to do other thangs I'm thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the way non-destructive editing works. You can have as many independent sequnces in a single project as you please.

The only exception to this rule would be if you were to use dynamically linked content from After Effects in *multiple* sequences in Premiere Pro. Changes made to the After Effects composition would propagate through all sequences that use it.

So, say you have an After Effects (Ae) file (aep) embedded in sequence 1 and you duplicate this sequence to number 2, any changes made to the aep file in Ae will then appear in both sequences.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks...no, I'm not linked to anything outside of my project folder; all
videos, graphics, WAV files, and any JPGs are all within the same
folder/sub-folder.

Thanks...we'll see later tonight if anything broke.

--
John Posada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines