• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest Premier Update says my graphics card isn't adequate!

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest Premiere Update says my graphics card isn't adequate!
Yikes! I didn't expect to have to upgrade my hardware to handle the new Premiere update  My graphics card worked with the previous verion of Premiere.
HELP!!! 

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Imdam.

Very common issue. For me the same with a Intel GPU 5500. Adobe doesn't care about compatibility issue. In their help page they also give false information recommending to update with a link to a file which is not correct. At the moment the only solution is to replace your hardware, or stick yourself to the previous Premiere Pro version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imdan,

I had a message saying that the Nvidia driver required an update, which worked, and removed the message. Does yours say that you require a whole new graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You see, Adobe merely had to go with the practice of the rest of the tech industry. When the hardware manufacturers completely discontinue support of their older hardware products, the software companies are under no obligation whatsoever to continue supporting such dinosaur components. And when most large software companies decide to no longer support hardware that's more than three years old, Adobe was now faced with the choice between continuing to support such obsolete hardware or add new features while attempting to maintain stability. Under those circumstances, it had to choose the latter to avoid falling far behind the competition in terms of features and performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines