• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

newest update label colors are not showing up in project panel

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to label some clips for use but with the newest Premiere update the labels are just gone, or invisible etc. They are enabled in the metadata settings, and I can change the color label for clips or bins, but nothing shows up where it should. Just an empty column.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi codys72658089,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're are aware of a similar issue with Pr v14.6. This issue is occurring with projects created in the previous versions of Premiere Pro. To fix this issue you may create a new project and then navigate to File > Import and import the project file you were working with. Once imported you should see all the labels. You may save this new project and use this instead of the older one. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi codys72658089,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're are aware of a similar issue with Pr v14.6. This issue is occurring with projects created in the previous versions of Premiere Pro. To fix this issue you may create a new project and then navigate to File > Import and import the project file you were working with. Once imported you should see all the labels. You may save this new project and use this instead of the older one. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. That did actually help the project browser label issue.
However there's still another label issue, which is in the timeline. If I
change the color of a clip label in the timeline it now changes the color
of every clip with the same name. Meaning, if I've cut up a video file to
use in various parts of the timeline, now they all change. I used to use
this as a quick way to know clips a client didn't like etc to
change/replace (label a single clip red, for instance), and now I can't do
that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Insult removed by moderator> and can't get anything right in your updates for your inferior applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the trick !

Thanks, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around is appreciated, but is there a fix on the horizon? This is a hassle for those of us who work in an array of projects.

Either way—I gripe too much, you guys provide products I'm happy to have access to, I'd bet there's a lot sweat and late nights that go into each update, so thank you for all your efforts!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUGS!!! BUGS!!! BUGS!!!
Premiere is garbage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All software has bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. That did actually help the project browser label issue. However there's still another label issue, which is in the timeline. If I change the color of a clip label in the timeline it now changes the color of every clip with the same name. Meaning, if I've cut up a video file to use in various parts of the timeline, now they all change. I used to use this as a quick way to know clips a client didn't like etc to change/replace (label a single clip red, for instance), and now I can't do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be this setting?

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 12.06.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemed promising, but no dice! So far it looks like—until Adobe does it's next update, we're going to have to copy old projects into new ones in order to use labels. This really is unacceptable, Adobe—our time matters, and this should have been caught early in the QC process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need to do is uncheck the box from property settings (the box where it says ''display the project item name and label color for all instances). 

Once you do that, you're able to cut up your video file and change your colors accordingly.

If you leave that box checked, then what is happening is the set color from your bin will stick with that file. That's why it doesn't work when you change it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in version 15.4.0 this option seems to have disappeared completely from the preferences panel. Can you tell me exactly where it should be, because I have the same problem and I imagine this would work, if it allowed me to do it! thanks K 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this'll work for you, but if you're working with a project that was started before you updated, you might try the importing it into a new project approach. It works for me every time.

It's disappointing that 15.4.0 didn't fix it—it's almost as if Adobe's never heard of QC-ing...but it's still pretty amazing to be able to edit digitally and I have no idea how the folks at Adobe do it, so I don't know if I'd do any better. Hopefully they're able to address this on the next update though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1627743142240.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann - how did you access this drop down?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under the Timeline Display Settings (the wrench next to the timeline).
That did the trick for me!

Thank you Ann, for making me aware of it's existence, and thank you google for helping me actually locate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Game changer!!! A million up votes. Thanks everyone!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet, thanks for the fix! This worked perfectly, only took a couple minutes to impirt the old project to a new one, cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  And the answer is NOT  FIX.  Its a workaround to 1001 other workarounds to fix things you keep breaking every update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in 14.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 14.7 from 14.4 because of another issue (certain sequences suddenly became immobile in the project panel—can't move them to any other bin).

I just opened the project, and the issue of no color labels next to items in the bin still persists. I did the workaround described above, and it seemed to work.

It also didn't fix my original bug—so, not sure where you're getting your info from...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct: not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work, but as others have stated, this is NOT a FIX. This is a WORKAROUND for the specific project you're working on. If you're an editor, like me, who works off project templates, you'll need to either do this to your template(s) or do this process every time.

Adjust your workflows accordingly people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines