• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nightmare using Adobe apps in Windows 11

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I switched to Windows 11 (regretting every day on that).   all adobe apps do not work properly.   video hang up,  freezes, app crashes!!

I have a  32 GB RAM PC with plenty of HW resources and in windows 10 everything worked just fine

any solution ?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall all Adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the Adobe apps "officially" support Win11 yet as far as I know. And a voluntary move to a new operating system by anyone these days before it gets it's first major post-release patch is a dicey thing. So ... it isn't recommended to voluntarily update yet.

Those who are buying a new machine, well ... that's a different situation of course.

And for either situation, we are all hoping for 1) that Win11 first major fix-it patch and 2) official Adobe support of Win11.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check for updates Microsoft has a message that my computer isn't compatible with Win11 so I will stick with Win10 until "shortly" before support ends 10-14-2025

Of course, Win10 support ending doesn't mean that Win10 will stop working... only that Microsoft will no longer issue updates

But, sometime in late 2024 I will take a look at the current crop of motherboards and will think about replacing the insides of the computer that I built... I like the case, and replacing a motherboard is no big deal... what I do need to learn more about is the difference between the MBR format I have now (why my computer isn't compatible with Win11) and how to format a new drive to the GPT standard that Win11 requires... there is a way to convert from MBR to GPT but I'm just going to keep what I have for the next 3+ years to let Win11 'mature' and the programs also be updated to be 100% compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I regret it every day that I upgraded to WIN 11. I cannot roll back since it's been more than 10 days. I installed a clean version of WIN 10 and now I have both WIN versions on my computer so I can choose which WIN version to open. I opened WIN 10 and installed Adobe CC and I still have the crashing issues. I never crashed prior to the WIN 11 upgrade. Anybody have any advice on what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Win 11 and for 6 months there have been no problems with the stability of Adobe products. Tip: you need to format the hard disk with the system, after transferring the folder with projects to the spare disk. And then install a clean image of only one system from a flash drive (Win 10 or Win 11). Never use two on a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That advice came from the Adobe themselves. I had no issues until the upgrade to WIN 11 in January. Adobe connected to my computer and said the only solution was to revert back to WIN 10 or install WIN 10 in a new partition and use it there. I chose the latter becuase reverting back to WIN 10 from 11 was not an available option as more than 10 days have passed and I have way too many files and apps I would have to move and reinstall with a clean install. Thanks for the advice though. I need a WIN 11 fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I would have to move and reinstall with a clean install. Thanks for the advice though. I need a WIN 11 fix.

By @hectorkorea

Upgrade an OS can cause problems. A clean install will solve those issues. That´s the fix you are looking for. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally liked Win 11 more in terms of experience and performance. There were a lot of crashes on Win 10 and the program crashed. Therefore, think about what is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines