• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio with Proxy

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am new to using proxies in Premiere Pro CC, and have run into a problem I can't find an answer to. (I'm n00b-to-middling when it comes to Premiere in general.)

I have created and attached a proxy for an audio/video file twice, using two different formats (H.264 and QuickTime), and each time I toggle proxies the audio does not play and the waveforms disappear. If I turn proxies off the audio immediately plays and the waveforms come back.

Below are the properties for the movie:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 3.78 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 30.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 01:50:50:23

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Proxy Media

File Path: D:\Series\GTA V\Copied_GTA V 05-06\Proxies\GTA5 2016-12-08 20-49-41-896_Proxy.mov

Type: QuickTime Movie

File Size: 54.78 GB

Image Size: 1280 x 720

Frame Rate: 30.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 01:50:50:23

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

QuickTime Details:

Movie contains 1 video track(s), 1 audio track(s), 0 closed caption track(s), and 1 timecode track(s).

Video:

There are 199523 frames with a duration of 1/30th.

Video track 1:

Duration is 1:50:50:23

Average frame rate is 30.00 fps

Video track 1 contains 1 type(s) of video data:

Video data block #1:

Frame Size = 1280 x 720

Compressor = GoPro CineForm

Quality = Most (5.00)

Audio:

Audio track 1 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:

Format = 16 bit - Stereo

Rate = 48000 Hz

Compressor = sowt

Timecode:

Timecode track 1 contains 1 type(s) of data:

Timecode data block #1:

Start Time = 00:00:00:00

Reel name =

VR Projection: None

Capture2.PNG

noproxy.PNG proxy.PNG

I'm really confused. I've watched multiple tutorials on using proxies and I think I'm doing it right, but obviously I'm missing something.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

This happened to me recently for one clip.  Just a glitch with the proxy.  Try creating it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me recently for one clip.  Just a glitch with the proxy.  Try creating it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I guess third time's a charm! Thank you very much for your quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glitch still happening v. 12  

Making the tracks play on Solo sometimes works. Restart sometimes works. Really a waste of time though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this issue as well and it truly time wasting. The proxy video file is fine because it plays back in VLC without any issues. Disabling proxies allows the original media audio track to play back but the original video can't be rendered fast enough in the preview.

Re-creating the proxy does not always work and is extremely time consuming.

What suggested troubleshooting steps would there be or is this an acknowledged bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this. I found that selecting "edit Clip in Adobe Audition" forced the audio and waveform to appear, even with the proxy toggled on. Still a time waster, but not as much as re-importing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have Audition, another way worked for me :

- copy somewhere the proxy file which audio doesn't link correctly, and remove it from the folder

- unlink the original media of the same clip (of course don't delete the media - I dont' know if it's useful but... it worked this way !). Your clip is full offline.

- re-put the proxy file in the folder.

- re-join the proxy file with the clip, and relink the same clip to the original media too.

- Play : sound works for me, both with proxies enabled or disabled.

One more of these voodoo stuff you have to find with Adobe premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't actually work, despite the reply being highlighted as the "correct answer."

I am having an issue with proxies playing without audio and I cannot figure it out. The correct answer worked once, but then it happened again. And I'm working with project file with thousands of clips, there's no way to just recreate the proxy for dropped audio for every clip every time the audio drops.

This is a bug that Abode should address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, its 2022 and there is still no solution 😞 PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year 2022, had the same issue as described, and detaching the proxy and attaching them again fixed it...still a bug all those years after

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody heeeelp, y u do dis proxy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - it does work.  Just do this. 

first - make sure you can see that your files are "attached" or "offline" in your Project window.  (the window with all your clips and sequences in it.).   If you don't see that right click on the bar in the window (where it says name, frame rate etc) - then click on metadata display, then under premier project meta data make sure "Proxy" is checked.  It will show up wayyy to the right of your project window - drag it over so it's next to the clip names.  OK - most of that was unnecessary - but now you can see if it's offline or attached.

Find the clip in your project window - right click it - and "reveal in finder".  When you have it  - hopefully it's in a folder called "proxies" next to the original media.  Create another folder called "boxies" - then move the proxies into the boxies folder.  Then go into your Project window back insinde premeire.  Check that proxies say "offline".  Then right click them and go down to proxies - attach proxies.  re-attach them from the new folder.  It works.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pcbredemeier,

Thank you for trying to help. The audio in slo-mo clips sounds distorted.

I don´t know if its a way to fix it :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me 🙂 
my version is 22.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pcbredemeier Yes! The 'BOXIES' approach wored for me. 

I first tried: unattaching proxy, deleting proxy file, re-making new proxy, then re-attaching... but that didn't work. Then I tried the Boxies approach and boom! Audio back on my proxy files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This also works for me. Great you could offer the community this help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can also confirm that this worked for me as well! This has been driving me bonkers. Thank you for this easy and quick fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines