• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No blue outlines when selecting media in the preview window

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've had this issue for a little while now. The blue outlines which normally go around the borders of different media (pictures, video files, text etc) in the preview window when they're selected, have disappeared! The outlines have squares on the edges and in the exact middle of the imported media to make it easier to relocate and move them. This issue doesn't only make moving things around in the preview window harder, but also a lot less accurate. They disappeared after I miss-clicked a key when I was performing a 'CTRL+(X)' shortcut, probably the CTRL+D shortcut. and now I can't get them back. No one seems to have discussed this issue publicly before, at least not with the terms I've searched the forums and the web with. Is there a simple way to make the blue outlines come back?

As you can see in this picture, there are no typical "blue outlines" for me when selecting media in the preview window above the timeline;

nXFYST0.png

Here is a picture of the outlines I'm talking about, if it's still unclear. The picture is from an old version of Adobe Premiere Pro, as I can not produce the pictures myself. I am using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Thanks in advance.

~Henriko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Thank you! It worked!

Edit: Hmh... apparently it didn't work? All my settings have been wiped clean, but there still are no blue outlines! Any clues?

Edit #2: I tried removing the software completely and reinstalled it. Still no luck! I upgraded from CC 2015 earlier... have the blue boundary box / outlines been removed since then? Maybe it got transferred to CC 2017 as an error. I really need those blue outlines to resize media in my projects, the software is almost useless without them! Is there

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the media in the Program Monitor.

or highlight the word Motion in the Effect Controls panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann! Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, double clicking the media in the Program Monitor does not restore the blue outlines. Highlighting the word 'Motion' in the Effects Control panel didn't solve my issue either. I can move the object around in the Program Monitor like previously though, but aligning it up incredibly difficult.

Also, to further clarify the outlines I'm talking about, here is a picture of them (but in this case they're grey).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences.

Restart computer, hold down shift+alt while opening Premiere.

Make a backup of all your presets first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked!

Edit: Hmh... apparently it didn't work? All my settings have been wiped clean, but there still are no blue outlines! Any clues?

Edit #2: I tried removing the software completely and reinstalled it. Still no luck! I upgraded from CC 2015 earlier... have the blue boundary box / outlines been removed since then? Maybe it got transferred to CC 2017 as an error. I really need those blue outlines to resize media in my projects, the software is almost useless without them! Is there a way to reset all of my settings entirely from the entire computer?

Edit #3: After a lot of hassle, I managed to get the boundary box back. Go to Window > Work Spaces > Uncheck Import Work-spaces From Projects, then in the same window press 'Reset to Saved Layout'. Voilá!

I Hope this helps someone else too.

Sincerely,

Henriko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me to it, that was suppose to be my next suggestion (the work space thing).

Glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the solution on Edit #3, I was going mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines