• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No frame step forward or back after update

Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new update this morning, I notice that my right and left arrow keys no longer step a frame forward or back.  The keyboard shortcut window shows that they are still programmed...and I tried clearing and then resetting it, but I cannot manage to move forward or back a frame at a time.  Also notice that up and down arrows no longer move the playhead to next or previous cut. 

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

And...apropos of nothing...it's now functioning fine. 

I haven't even closed Premiere this morning since experiencing the same behavior as yesterday after updating.  I am carrying on with my work and went to the color workspace to do some grading.  Out of force of habit, I pressed the arrow keys to move frame and discovered it worked!  Switched back to my custom workspace - lo and behold, arrow keys work just fine.  Closed the project and opened a different one: arrow keys working there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the timeline window selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I'm trying to use it the way I have used it every day for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt: I just updated PR today as well. Arrow keys (and Home and End) work as before. Is your keyboard otherwise functioning normally in other apps? Is it wired or wireless? There's a sample "Going Home" project that ships with PR, which you can open from the start screen. Are you saying that pressing the arrow keys in that sample project has no effect, unlike before the update? What if you load a clip in the Source panel: can you press the arrow keys to advance a frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I got rid of the "Going Home" sample project many moons ago, so I can't test with that.  But I have tested numerous different projects updated from the previous version of PP2017, as well as with a new project created with the updated version.  No ability to frame forward or back in the timeline with arrow keys.

I tested with a clip in the source window as you suggested, and curiously the arrow keys work there.

So the problem is specific to the Timeline panel.

Using a LogicKeyboard designed specifically for Premiere Pro, on a machine running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And...apropos of nothing...it's now functioning fine. 

I haven't even closed Premiere this morning since experiencing the same behavior as yesterday after updating.  I am carrying on with my work and went to the color workspace to do some grading.  Out of force of habit, I pressed the arrow keys to move frame and discovered it worked!  Switched back to my custom workspace - lo and behold, arrow keys work just fine.  Closed the project and opened a different one: arrow keys working there as well.

I've literally changed nothing.  One moment they didn't work, and the next moment they worked.

It's great that it's working, but terrible for troubleshooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this issue on Mac.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My right and left arrow keys no longer step a frame forward or back in my timeline only.  It works in my source monitor.  I'm at a loss.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue too, and Googled it, and found nothing.

THEN I figureed out I was trying to do it whislt in the colour workspace, NOT the editing workspace. And that sorted it. Just in case anyone else makes the same mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue when updating to 2021 version of premiere pro.  I found that the timeline looked like it was not stepping forward at all, but what was really going on was it was stepping forward one .00001 of a second.  I was able to figure it out by the noticing the  playhead position was moving forward one .00001 of a second (looking at audio samples or whatever). 

Not sure how to fix...  I'm a noob at premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking your settings. Start a new sequence. Your clip should match the sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is unchecking "Show audio time units" from the timeline menu dropdown, or it will move in such small increments unperceivable by the eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! This fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the answer!  As ThreeRingCreations mentioned above, in this "mode" the playhead steps only one .00001 of a second, which is a clue, as this only happens when the "Show Audio Time Units" feature is checked.

I was having this same issue, but only on one of the three Sequences I had open on the Timeline.  That's when I realized that the only thing different about that one Sequence was that I had "Show Audio Time Units" checked.  Thanks Evan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Thank You That Actually Worked For Me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the answer for me! Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God Bless you (almost 3 years later). This was making me CRAZY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines