• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NO HARDWARE ENCODING FOR MY AMD GRAPHICS CARD

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe premiere pro 2021 version 15.4.1 I have AMD HD 7470 series Graphics Card installed on my pc. I have installed the required drivers from AMD.com and they seem to work well with my pc, I have run driver updates and installed the latest driver. My only challange is when I open premiere pro File\project settings\General\Renderer  My AMD Graphics card is not visible. When I export on the Basic Video settings\encoding settings\performance reads Software encoding,with no option. I Ran Gpu-z to check the status of my card and realized open cl .dll  was not ticked so I have tried installing Open Cl .dll file from https://www.dll-files.com/download.dll.html.  Directly to windows\system 32,  Im  still not able to use my amd card in adobe products. Davinci ressolve 2016 brings an error that open Cl is not visible upon starting. Could I be going the wrong way on this one? And if so can some one plse offer me a solution on this one cause exporting via software encoding takes upto 24hrs which is quite cumbersome.I believe the project am working with should export

in less than 1hr. General settings.jpgs.gif

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but your GPU is now long obsolete. AMD discontinued all support for all pre-GCN GPUs (and yes, this includes all Terascale architecture GPUs such as your HD 7470) back in 2015. The HD 7470's GPU architecture dates at least one GPU generation older than even its 2012 vintage implies: It is actually a rebranded HD 6450. All versions of Premiere Pro from CC 2017 onwards no longer support that GPU any more.

And even if that HD 7470 / HD 6450 worked for GPU acceleration, its performance is feeble as it has too few shader cores (only 192 shaders) and extremely low memory throughput (only 13 GB/s! That's way slower than even your PC's main RAM!) by modern standards.

That GPU really, really belongs in the parts recycling bin these days. In fact, it is as obsolete as a GeForce 210, whose support was terminated by the GPU maker way back in 2016. I would recommend that you replace it with something like an Nvidia T600 workstation card or a Radeon RX 560 card as a stopgap measure until GPU prices come down to sane levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the informative reply. I also have NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 as a 2nd option. Was it also discontinued way back or I can still use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the informative reply. I also have NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 as a 2nd
option. Was it also discontinued way back or I can still use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its support has been discontinued in 2018. All Fermi GPUs have been EOSL'd that year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines