• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

No new bins with folders containing only 1 file?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting here in case anyone at Adobe can either chime in or help fix this in future updates.

When I import a folder into my project it will create a bin with the same name as long as there are 2 or more files in the folder.  If there is only 1 file then it will disregard the folder and import the 1 file with no bin.  Is there a secret setting somewhere to fix it so it still creates a bin?  Is there a reason for this?  Can it be fixed in a future update of Premiere?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been happening for some time. I know there are several Premiere Pro UserVoice requests on this, so search there and upvote one or more ...

Neil 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try placing a PNG in each folder and subfolder in the Finder or Explorer prior to importing the folder and subfolders into Premiere Pro.  A screenshot called "placeholder.png" should work.  For cleanup, use the Find Bin Content text field to locate "placeholder", select all the PNGs listed, and then right-click to use Make Offline..., Media Files Are Deleted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines