• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to export AAF in Prem 2021

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - when I've gone to export AAF in Prem Pro 2021 v15.4.1 there is no longer any option to export as AAF (have attached image) - is this a bug or has the feature been removed?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Mac Book Pro M1 Max and had the same problem recently. I updated premiere pro to the latest version 22.1.2 (Build1) and suddenly the export option for an AAF was no longer available. (File>Export>AAF).

After long research, unistalling and installing all kind of versions of premiere and call with the support it was still missing.

THE SOLUTION:

open the Creative Cloud Destop App find premiere. Click on the three dots for more options and then open (Intel).

Seqenz_zum_Export_geöffnet.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-01-14 um 10.44.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

knbsteward,

Sorry about that. It's in Premiere Pro Beta right now, though: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/announcement-aaf-export-now-available-in-beta/m-p/13143461#M6254

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good here:

MarekMularczyk_0-1630962705350.png

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Sorry for the trouble. Are you on macOS with M1? If so, there are some limitations currently. AAF import and export is one of them. If you are running an Apple M1 system and need access to these features or functions, run Premiere Pro in Rosetta2 emulation mode.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thi is seriously annoying. Why is this functionality not been dealt with going into Premiere 2022? When I use Rosetta to export AAF files on my Silicon Mac Mini, they are coming out incorrectly e.g. some tracks without handles and others not stereo. When is this going to be resolved please? The work-around to try and get my audio out of my project into the mix is really laborious, and as yet unsolved. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

same problem here. What worked for me was exporting a XML from my latest timeline then open it in premiere pro 2020. In this version you can still export an AAF. Worked without mistakes! 
Hope it helps..

Good luck!

Dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at danielehu's solution further down this thread. Dated Jan 14, 2022. It works.

THE SOLUTION:

open the Creative Cloud Destop App find premiere. Click on the three dots for more options and then open (Intel).

The problem still needs to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was the only thing that worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this still need to be fixed? I don't see the option on Premiere 22.2.6 on M1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

same problem here. What worked for me was exporting a XML from my latest timeline then open it in premiere pro 2020. In this version you can still export an AAF. Worked without mistakes! 
Hope it helps..

Good luck!

Dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm working on a Mac Book Pro M1 Max and had the same problem recently. I updated premiere pro to the latest version 22.1.2 (Build1) and suddenly the export option for an AAF was no longer available. (File>Export>AAF).

After long research, unistalling and installing all kind of versions of premiere and call with the support it was still missing.

THE SOLUTION:

Seqenz_zum_Export_geöffnet.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-01-14 um 10.44.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx @danielelhu 

helped me out!

Bram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh this works! Thank you @danielelhu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution, not sure why it isn't pinned at the top of this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this!

I'm able to open the Intel version of Premiere on my M1 max, however is anyone running into an issue where when exporting the AAF, premiere hangs, eating up all my memory and then locking, unable to export? 

I'm able to export OMFs with zero issue. I'm on a 2021 M1 Max Macbook pro with 32GB ram so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. Scenes I am exporting are extremely simple (8 tracks of audio & under 3 mins in length). No idea what the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

knbsteward,

Sorry about that. It's in Premiere Pro Beta right now, though: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/announcement-aaf-export-now-available-i...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 Max and AAF export is no longer there. This is a big problem that Adobe needs to address quickly. Telling us to run it through Rosetta is not an adequate answer for those of us who spent thousands od dollars on these amazing new Apple laptops wth the promise that the latest Adobe Premiere had been optimized to run on M1 silicon. When will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Hope it helps..

Good luck!

Dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I dont have Premiere 2020? This is absurd, something as necessary as an AAF file, how can they dont have that option? This is very unconvincing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

Let's all get his on the product team's radar! Please upvote this feature request: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44645583-aaf-export

The issue is currently flying under the radar and needs some love. Upvote! Upvote! Upvote!

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please let's add export AAF back in. used it daily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!! need  it to be solved as soon as possible please premieeeeeereee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deniseuma,

Sorry about that. Have you upvoted the bug fix? Here is the link: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44645583-aaf-export

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines