• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No way to stop Home or Recent Project on launch?

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Premiere Pro, and I'm hoping the developers are not so bad that I have to choose either the Home screen or opening the Most Recent project every day when I open Premiere Pro?!?

Please tell me this isn't true - I though we left horrible designs like this back in the 80's?

Really, why would they not include the option, "just open the dang software so I choose what I want to work on and get some work done" which is the default mode for EVERY other software package I use?!?

JustBadCode.JPG

😞

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hey Shawn,

Sorry for the frustration. You wrote:

"Dear Adobe - please add a third option to choose neither pop-up, and help us get more work done."

Please create a feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just double-click on the project you want to load before launching premiere and away you go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a bad suggestion really, it's just in every other software program (including Photoshop and Premiere Elements) I do it the other way because the program filter out files that are not native...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the only options available I'm afraid. However, if you don't want to see any of these, just start by opening your Premiere project from Explorer/Finder and it will load straight into the project itself skipping welcome screen

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip - I may try that - I really just want the program to launch and let me choose file - open recent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't necessarily disagree that it doesn't hurt to have the option. Unless I'm missing something, it seems like a fairly small hill to die on, so to speak.

V1 - Home screen: Click Premiere, Click on recent project or New Project (2 clicks)

V2 - No Home screen: Click Premiere, Click File, Move to Recent Files, Click Project. (3 clicks - same if starting a new project.)

V3 - Direct via Folder: Click Finder/Explorer, Click Project Folder (will assume it's favorited), Double click Project (3+ clicks)

Opening DaVinci Resolve I get the same type of home screen. I didn't see a way to turn that off either, but I don't know that software nearly as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont' disagree that this is not a big deal for you, and probably many others.

And you know what, if I was just creating a home video for the family once every few weeks then it wouldn't be a big issue.

But that's not me.

I'm using Premiere for work, and the more work I get done the more I get paid.

So this isn't a "hill to die on," this is about effiecientcy, common sense, and exercising my Right as a paying customer to provide feedback about a bad feature that's slowing me down.

At least with Premeire Elements and Photoeshop Elements there "IS" a way to get rid of the help screen.

Sadly not so in Premiere Pro currently.

Dear Adobe - please add a third option to choose neither pop-up, and help us get more work done.

Shawn Tierney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it seems I can't edit my reply to fix the typo's 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the "More" button, Shawn. You can edit your reply.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac, I've got all my premiere projects in a folder that's mirrored in the dock, Just click on the folder in the dock and choose the project which launches premiere and the project.  I'm sure there's something similar in windows.   Can't imagine how it could be faster than that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you can have it sorted so the most recently opened project is at the top of the list...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! For a new user... so negative and inflexible. I quite like the 'small hill to die on' comment.

BTW: you can simply press ESCape on the home screen and it's gone, all the while you can be heading for the FILE menu.

Also simply, you can keep desktop shortcuts for any project. It will be available and right where you put it each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shawn,

Sorry for the frustration. You wrote:

"Dear Adobe - please add a third option to choose neither pop-up, and help us get more work done."

Please create a feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll add to the feature request link to add for a third option to not show anything. As stated before, other Adobe apps allow it to be turned off. In a studio environment with multiple editors on a server, "most recent" is a pretty useless to me. I use Premiere in full screen (which has its own bugs), so having the Home screen show up on another desktop is annoying. I wasn't aware of the Esc button to clear the home screeen away. For now I think I'll program a hot key on my StreamDeck to close the project and Esc as a single button. Its nice when you close out of something that you can be back to a clean desktop and not still having an app layer between you and the Finder in the case of OSX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines