• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not black background after matting.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am having issues with a matte around my subject, filmed against a black background.  I filmed my subject against a black background. I cut a matte around them to eliminate equipment and lights that were in my frame. And when I render out on some monitors, I see a lighter gray halo where the shot footage is being matted out.  The filmed black is darker than the newly punched out background. As in, the background isn’t as black as my black background for my subject. This seems to occur whether I have black video under that track, or if I have nothing. Again, the rendered video looks fine on some monitors (very expensive ones), while it can become a problem and very noticable on cheap monitors.  Thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expensive monitors don't mean they're color calibrated, so unfortunately, that has little bearing here. You need to look at video scopes like your Waveform Monitor to compare the black levels, not rely on what you see with your eyes on any type of monitor. It's also going to be easier if you key out the black background so you're left with only your subject and then replace the background entirely. That will guarantee consistency on your background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines