• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing is loading

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the big update to all Adobe software which occured on October 26th, I have been unable to load my Adobe Premiere Project file. Now normally when Adobe Premiere updates to an entirely new version which happens every year, my project file name is changed from "xxx.prproj" to "xxx_1.prproj". This is expected as the new version of Adobe Premiere forces a conversion check to the new software updates. However, a new problem has arisen that is much more concerning. At first I thought it was software maintenance that was preventing my project file from loading in Adobe Premiere 2022. But this problem has been persisting for the past 2 days, up to the point where I think it is a legit bug. Not only is my project refusing to load making it impossible to do my video editing, but anytime I try to link the media to Adobe Aftereffects files for special effects the program immediately crashes. I have already done a complete uninstall and reinstall of Adobe Premiere Pro 2022. And this problem still persists. My project is not loading. It just stays at a constant state of (50 items still processing) to infinity. If it is required that I do a clean uninstall of Adobe Aftereffects too them please tell me. Otherwise, what is this massive glitch in your software that is refusing to load my adobe project file?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WhiteBowser-93,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening specifically with the project files created in the previous version or is it also happening with new projects? Also, please check if any crash log is generated on the system. It can help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you are understanding the severity of your situation. 

Firstly, to answer your question, yes of course I started my video editing project in the previous version of Adobe Premiere (2021) before you updated it to the 2022 version and broke everything. I haven't been able to start a new project in Adobe Premiere because I want to finish my previous work. If you're telling me I have to start all over again from the beginning because you released a broken product. Then I will cancel my Adobe subscription immediately.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you've looked around lately at this website, but it's on fire. Figuratively, not literally. There are people posting mountains upon mountains of complaints, bugs, glitches, and issues with your software that have made it become completely unusable. Your company released a broken product! I know your just a comment and forum moderator so this isn't your department. But you need to go to your engineering department, and tell them to fix this! Whoever released this update, did not test it, did not proofread it, it's like they took the previous "working" program and erased ALL THE CODE and then released it as the "new version."

Thirdly, no one can use your video editing program. Because it's not a video editing program anymore! IT DOES NOTHING! Release a patch. Fix what you broke. Or just go back to the previous version when everything was working just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you updated it to the 2022 version and broke everything.

By @WhiteBowser-93

Turn off autonatioc updates, choose not to delete old versions,  and don't update until you are ready to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not update while working on a project!!!  Common sense should tell you that.  Quit blaming Adobe.  I have been using Premiere since 1991 and never update while working a product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to possibly create a new project, then use File>Import to import your project into the new one? Sometimes wrapping an old project in a new file will bypass the issues that arise from updating your project in the middle of editing.

Hope this helps!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To everyone who defends Adobe for this bug is delusional.
I created a project on nov 22th, finished and exported on the 24th. Now that my client asks for a small change (2 days later), and I can't for the love of god open the project. I restarted, tried opening another project then open the bugged one after it loaded to no avail. 

You can not argue that releasing a version with a bug like this is the users fault for using after a whole month passed. Please stop licking the shoes of Adobe, I've been using their products for 10+ years, but how could you not see their huge fkups. 

And BTW yes, I only tried for this project and I am too using the 2021 version as I always wait for the new version to be stable, but this is on a different level of unusability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines