• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudging audio up or down doesn't overwrite track from same source

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to PP22 on mac. When I nudge audio tracks up or down I expect them to overnight anything on the target track. I typically use the shortcut shift + up/down arrow, but this is also happening when I drag. This works most of the time but not when the tracks come from the same source. Does anyone know why? Linked Selection un-checked, I've reset my preferences. Maybe an import or clip level setting? I can fix it by highlighting the clips in the timeline, right-clicking, and selecting unlink but is there a way to have these unlinked by default?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the Linked Selection switch. It's on by default, one of three blue switches in the top left of the Timeline panel (it's to the right of the magnet). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all linking options or turned off. If it was linked all tracks would move together anyway. I am able to nudge independently just not able to overwrite a track that comes crime the same source. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can see the behavior is different depending on if the track is from the same source or not. Maybe this is by design. Is there a way to override this so that the behavior is the same when dragging or nudging a track onto another that contains an item from the same source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines