• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number Pad Not Working with Premiere Pro on iMac Pro

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have updated my mac to Montery 12.0.1 and updated to the latest version of Premiere too. I noticed that my number pad on my Mac keybord is no longer working while I am working in Premiere. I can still use the numbers on the top of the keyboard, but I find the number pad a little more handy. anyone else notice this...??? Is there a fix? Or did I just do something goofy and switch something off somewhere?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Hi Community,

This issue is fixed. Just update Premiere Pro.

In version 22.2, it appears that you do not need to press Shift any longer to enter numbers using the Num Pad. Just enter the numbers after clicking with the "T" tool. Deselect the text to use the Num Pad for Timecode navigation.

Let me know if this is working any differently for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

I kind of poked around in that link...I'll take a closer look when I get the chance! Thanks for posting that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem with Premiere 22.0, but only when adding numbers to titles. It works everywhere else. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro trash can running Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WIGTV,

Sorry about this. I see something similar. It works as expected, except for Title creation. I'll see if I can get some attention to this isuse.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin! You rock! I thought I was going crazy! LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue, also limited to use in Title creation. 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

3.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I'm running Permiere Pro 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Back from leave. Sorry for the delay.

Apologies, but I did ask the product team about this. This is actually working as designed in v.22. It seems as if you prefer the way it previously was working. In that case, you can file a feature request here: Premiere Pro User Voice

Sorry about that. I can see a perfect world where a keyboard modifier might satisfy those that desire both behaviors. That might be included in your request, should you post one. If so, please give us a link so we can upvote your request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PP for well over 8 years now and NO sorry, but that has always been the way it worked. It only has changed was the latest version.

By the way it is also a problem when creating a project and giving it a name, I can not use the numeric pad to add numbers to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charm,

Sorry for the frustration. I'm just the messenger, so you have to let the devs know your feedback on User Voice, including that item you mentioned. Hope that makes sense. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin!

I'll make a post in the "User Voice." 

I do a lot of car dealer and furniture tv commercials and it helps having the numeric pad for price changes and things like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the link, if you don't mind. 🙂

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin...Is the above link what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro v. 22.0 on macOS 11.6.1, and before updating to v22, I was always able to use the numpad to input numbers into an active text object. Now when I'm editing text, pressing any numbers in the numpad will instead change the playhead position. Does anyone have an idea how to change this back? I can't tell if it's setting that I need to change, a bug, or a design change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. Please make sure that the num lock button is pressed on your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior with and without num lock. Thanks for the feedback though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows and just tried that, strangely the time field is highlighted when I use the numpad to edit text, but nothing happens and the time indicator remains in it's place after editing text
numpad.png

I always use Numpad to go to a certain time, but never noticed that behavior before when editing text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying it out, Ali! The behavior on my system is similar; the time field is highlighted with no change to the time indicator, but I also get no text input. Seems like a minor bug, oh well.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 2.34.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi numbpad,

This is a bug fix that some users are reporting as a bug. The fix is that the num pad is supposed to be for time code entry only when the Program Monitor is in focus. It is not supposed to be used in title design. You are supposed to use the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

I agree that it would be a nice feature to have the num pad work, say, when the Essential Graphics panel is enabled or similar. Upvote the feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44506797-numeric-pad-needs-...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Kevin! I upvoted the linked feature request. Number entry via numpad is significantly faster for me, and I use it that way in every other app. A simple toggle would be cool so that everyone who uses it for time code entry keeps their preferred functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're asking ME to bring the num pad back into the fray? Former grocery checker at the Alpha Beta and 10-key whiz kid turned timecode entry ace on CMX? No gizmo required! IOW, you don't have to ask twice. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then thank god the new "fix" is not working on my side as I use only the num pad for all numbers entry when editing text.. upvoted the feature request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, one of the lucky ones with a foreign keyboard perhaps? 🙂 Wondering. As an editor, I agree with users. I want the best of both worlds...I will upvote too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have more than one language installed, but I can use the numpad despite the chosen language as an input.. I'm on windows, maybe the "fix" is working on Macs only? As RobShultz doesn't have the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines