• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number Pad Not Working with Premiere Pro on iMac Pro

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have updated my mac to Montery 12.0.1 and updated to the latest version of Premiere too. I noticed that my number pad on my Mac keybord is no longer working while I am working in Premiere. I can still use the numbers on the top of the keyboard, but I find the number pad a little more handy. anyone else notice this...??? Is there a fix? Or did I just do something goofy and switch something off somewhere?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Hi Community,

This issue is fixed. Just update Premiere Pro.

In version 22.2, it appears that you do not need to press Shift any longer to enter numbers using the Num Pad. Just enter the numbers after clicking with the "T" tool. Deselect the text to use the Num Pad for Timecode navigation.

Let me know if this is working any differently for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't type numbers in text box using NUM keys it goes straight to timecode in program monitor and wont type numbers? A 2022 program issue, works fine in 2021 program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Remii,

I'll move this post to another one on the same topic.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I have PP installed on both MAC and PC, though I normally use the MAC. To my big surprise this issue does not exist on the PC where the numeric pad works as normal.

I know we have moved this subject to user requests but it should really be a bug report!

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, really need this updated! Can't work out how to solve problem I think Adobe had changed in new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issuse when using the alternative keyboard on right hand side, the numbers worked fine when using the top numbers on mac keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that’s my issue too, the top numbers work but the right hand side ones don't work for text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the issue I was reporting...I hope they decide to fix that in a future update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everone posting replys! Here is a link I made in the Premiere Pro User Voice Forum:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44506797-numeric-pad-needs-...

Hopefully the folks at Adobe will put this funtion back into the sofware!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted your user voice requrest to my companies teams page.  We have about 40 people in our network that all use Premiere.  I asked that everyone go and up-vote your request.  Thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That's really cool! I hope it helps Adobe look into this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WIGTV,

Glad to report that the feature is now in the product. Press Shift and then enter the numbers on the Num Pad.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this issue for the first time while creating a title. For no particular reason I tried holding down Shift while I hit the number on the Number Pad, and it worked! I'm on version 22.1.1 in case that makes a difference.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!  Holding the Shift key works, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac Pro runiing V22.0 in Essential Graphics the Number keys  default to a time code window entry instead of the text box. Yes I can use the keyboard numbers but for lots of numeric entry I prefer the number keys pad. 

Is there a fix to this? 

#stopsendingoutbetas !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ali,

It's working in 22.1.2 with the Shift key.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Sorry about this. The feature you are using is actually fixed in the beta. More info:

Here you go! https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44506797-numeric-pad-needs-...

Feel free to ask questons if you need any more details.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank,

I learned that the feature is now actually in 22.1.2. Just press Shift first and then enter the numbers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

This issue is fixed. Just update Premiere Pro.

In version 22.2, it appears that you do not need to press Shift any longer to enter numbers using the Num Pad. Just enter the numbers after clicking with the "T" tool. Deselect the text to use the Num Pad for Timecode navigation.

Let me know if this is working any differently for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep!  Good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi. the "enter" key on my numpad is not working. rest of the keys do. I'm using the latest version. can you help? tnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines