• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti not recommended?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that the nvidia geforce gtx 1650 is recommended for premiere while the nvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti is absent from the list of recommended hardware. I am trying to understand why this is....is the list out of date/older or is it something significant that would prevent the gtx 1650 ti from not running Premiere Pro.

The machine (Lenovo X1 Extreme 3rd gen) a client wants to use only comes with the gtx 1650 ti  I need to know if it will work for basic editing of 1080p. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only puts cards on the list that have been tested... and there are too many brands + models to test them all

I don't have that specific model, so I can't give any actual advice based on my experience

It should work, but since I don't work for Adobe, I can't tell you that it will work

I do have this general advice

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible that the ti version of the card was accidentally left off the recommended hardware page; it's also possible it was left off because it is NOT recommended. Ideally you could install the trial version of Premiere on the client and test compatibility that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines