Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects Being Cut Off Inside Mask

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having an issue in which an image (png) seems to vanish when dragged towards the middle of the screen; this only happens when it is inside a mask. Here is a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-Psn0O3TU

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi, J-Star!

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the informative video you posted. I love the technique! I tried to reproduce the issue but could not. I could not see the scale your graphic is sitting at, so if it is not 100%, that may be a culprit. Here are some other things you can try. 

• Try the same effect in a different sequence. If it works, your sequence might be corrupt. Copy/paste everything into the new sequence for a remedy.
  • Try the same effect in a different sequence in a new project. If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, J-Star!

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the informative video you posted. I love the technique! I tried to reproduce the issue but could not. I could not see the scale your graphic is sitting at, so if it is not 100%, that may be a culprit. Here are some other things you can try. 

• Try the same effect in a different sequence. If it works, your sequence might be corrupt. Copy/paste everything into the new sequence for a remedy.
  • Try the same effect in a different sequence in a new project. If it works, your project might be corrupt. Copy/paste everything into the new sequence in a new project for a remedy.
  • Try the same effect with a different graphic.
  • Try the same effect but nest the graphic with the Transform effect and add the mask to the nest.

I hope the advice helps you! Please return with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not see the scale your graphic is sitting at, so if it is not 100%, that may be a culprit. Here are some other things you can try.

Yes, the graphic was at 100%.

Try the same effect in a different sequence. If it works, your sequence might be corrupt. Copy/paste everything into the new sequence for a remedy.

Yes, I tried doing it on a new file and even tried it on a different computer, the issue was the same. I have attached the PNG I was using if you want to look into it a bit more, it does seem to be a bug.

Try the same effect but nest the graphic with the Transform effect and add the mask to the nest.

I hope the advice helps you! Please return with any questions.

This seemed to do the trick! The issue didn't end when the image was nested.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the parameters under Vector Motion are set to default (as in not animated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann, the issue probably is that either your Vector Motion or your Video Motion is not centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what the issue is, it was just a PNG file I imported, I did try with other images too, I had the same issue. Whenever something was moved out of its original position, it would disappear if you had a mask applied to that layer (I hope that makes sense). Nesting and then applying the mask/transform afterwards seemed to work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest the png image in the current sequence and then use the transform effect on the nested sequence...it should work fine.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is what did the trick, still do not know why though 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are using a transfor after you have changed the position or the anchor point. best is to nest and apply transform on the nest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is what I ended up doing! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines